Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester XT Automatic
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for the noob questions.

I have been noticing that the CDM cars all have a different headlamp. From what I am gathering, they are HID? Are these available aftermarket in the US without tracking down a wrecker in Canada?

Are they plug and play for car's such as an 04 FXT?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,101 Posts
They are plug and play in their corresponding USDM model year, but there wasn't an HID outfitted Forester in Canada until 2006 (after the SG facelift).
Tuned200 is running a set of CDM HID's in his '07 FSXT, and there are also CDM HID's available for the latest generation Forester too (SH).

You will spend the better part of your lifetime waiting for one of these to turn up in a wrecking yard... so your best bet is to either find a US dealer who is willing to order from the Canadian parts catalogue, or the European catalogue if you want the EUDM HID's for the USDM 03-05 models. Or you can just contact a Canadian Subaru dealership and order the parts through them.
Be aware that a brand new set of the SG MY06-08 CDM HID's will set you back roughly $1200 CDN per corner if you want bulbs with them.

·
Premium Member
07 Forester XT
6,792 Posts
If you want HID's for your 04 XT I have a set of HID's from a 05 JDM Forester STI that was parted out. (04-05 = same bodystyle) For that matter I have the entire front end (cosmetic) and interior. PM me if you're interested.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts