Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a trick to get CDs out of the HU when it doesn't register? I reset the battery twice and reset the connections to HU. Neither worked. Finally removed the HU because the car was being towed away and declared a total loss. I'll dismantle the unit if need be, but maybe someone knows a trick. Without powering the unit up, no trick may work, but before I go gorilla on it, I'll ask first.

Thanks!

·
Ze flying Russian
2007 STI
2,008 Posts
The unit might have an anti-theft mechanism in it that spreads paint if you go gorilla on it, so be careful. I'd stop by a dealership and talk to the guys in there. I bet they dealt with this before.

·
The Modfather
2019 Impreza 5dr Sport - Manual
8,053 Posts
AFAIK the only way to get the disks out is to have power, can you get power to the system with some sort of transformer? But you say it was not working before anyway, humm I've got a video of a guy wacking the side then pressing the button. sounds crude but not sure what you have to loose if you have a power source.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had the same problem, I gave the center console a swift pounding with the side of my fist, and that ejected the cd every time. Finally had the dealer replace the deck. It was really funny because it was 100% repeatable, just give it a try

1 - 5 of 5 Posts