Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
2004 Forester XT
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New to this forum and felt compelled to create an account to showcase my new to me 2004 Forester XT.

I've been into Subarus for years, my last turbo car was a 1994 turbo legacy wagon 5 speed swap ej257 hyrbid build with Link LEM G3 ECU. I sold it a few months back to a good friend in Minnesota (my home state) and shortly after moved to Upstate NY.

After a couple months of hardcore Facebook Marketplace browsing, looking for either an Outback XT or Forester, I scored a pretty rad FXT today.

It's an Auto which I'm not upset about as I'm getting lazier in this quarantine lifestyle. I'll probably end up manual swapping it like I did the TLeg wagon years ago.

Has 167xxx miles
Body and chassis are unbelievably clean
Engine pulls hard and it drives great

Looking forward to making some minor tweaks / mods in the future and it's sure nice to drive a turbo Subaru again.

Here are a few pics 馃槑
IMG_20200513_184541.jpg
IMG_20200513_184616.jpg
IMG_20200513_222746.jpg
IMG_20200513_184747.jpg
IMG_20200513_184810.jpg
IMG_20200513_184641.jpg

Registered
04 Forester XT 5MT
Welcome. I like that I keep seeing people persuing FXTs specifically. Congrats on your purchase.

Super Moderator
That is the cleanest underchassis NY Plate Forester I've ever seen...

Welcome to the forums....

Disappointed on the lack of pics of said wagon. :geek:

C.

Also....

Quote:

For the best forum experience, we recommend completing your "Account Details". The optional information you enter there will display when members click "About" in your forum profile. You can also create a custom "Signature" that will display every time you make a forum post. The optional additional information you provide could mean getting forum member replies, or not.

Registered
2004 Forester XT
Discussion Starter #7
Picked up some Prodrive P7 Wheels 17x7 et52 off the FB Marketplace for cheap today. They could use some new paint eventually but are in good shape and have basically new General Altimax RT43 tires 215/55/r17. Also did pads and rotors all around this week.

Next up some KYB GR2/Exel-Gs and Swift Springs 馃槑

Registered
Wow. That is mint for Upstate! I am so used to seeing the same rot there as at home. Add to that the red clay-like dust/mud that just gets into everything. I am struggling with the same issue. I don't want to take mine out of PA because it is so clean...

Great start! LOVE the wheels.

Registered
2004 Forester XT
Discussion Starter #9
Wow. That is mint for Upstate! I am so used to seeing the same rot there as at home. Add to that the red clay-like dust/mud that just gets into everything. I am struggling with the same issue. I don't want to take mine out of PA because it is so clean...

Great start! LOVE the wheels.
I've been washing this thing like crazy. I've never had a rust free Subaru before!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts