Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Miata MX-5 5MT
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what kind of tip do you guys prefer on your exhaust?

double wall like stock or pretty much like a Cobb Tuning exhaust? or do you guys like a Burnt Titanium tip?

myself, I like the burnt titanium tip. I love my Invidia G200 exhaust. :)

what do you guys like?

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,431 Posts
Double wall is my personal preference. Titanium tip is too blingy; not that it would ever matter on my car because I like to keep my exhaust covered in a stealthy layer of dirt...

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
If someone would make a exhaust that's looks exacly like stock, straight through 3 inches, quite, and decent priced (eg. erz) it would be a winner.

All dreams I know.

Bland...

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
Double wall hear too. I had a titanium tip system on my 240sx, after a while the blueing turned to browning and looked like sh*t. The double wall always stays nice and looks great for years.

·
'03 XS MT PSM
2015 Ford Focus ST
2,371 Posts
Double wall all the way... more stealthy, less ricey.

G

·
Double wall all the way,

I have both types on two cars I currently own and i know what i will be putting on the new XT.

·
Premium Member
06 FXT
2,262 Posts
bland said:
If someone would make a exhaust that's looks exacly like stock, straight through 3 inches, quite, and decent priced (eg. erz) it would be a winner.

All dreams I know.

Bland...
I'm all for it!

I can't stand loud exhausts (sorry loud pipe owners). They attract all kinds of street racers and cops. Bad.

Stealth + power = teh win.

·
Premium Member
? ? ?
692 Posts
bland said:

All dreams I know.

Bland...
+1

My thoughts exactly.

Michael

·
Registered
1994 Miata MX-5 5MT
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
alright. sounds good. I'll let my boss know. and if you guys are wondering why I ask this, is because my RD guy at work asked me for his opinion and I told him I would ask you guys for you opinions on what type of tip to put on the exhaust for the FXT. so I am hoping for myself they're going to release it soon. :)

·
Premium Member
06 FXT
2,262 Posts
ne0stai2dust said:
alright. sounds good. I'll let my boss know. and if you guys are wondering why I ask this, is because my RD guy at work asked me for his opinion and I told him I would ask you guys for you opinions on what type of tip to put on the exhaust for the FXT. so I am hoping for myself they're going to release it soon. :)
I'm willing to bet you'd more than likely get the opposit answers from WRX forums.

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
I like the way the "burned" titanium looks, but I don't like the way it looks on cars if that makes any sense. I'd never want one. Double wall is the best! True dat, Double True!

·
Registered
859 Posts
Show him a pic of the Prodrive tip. I didn't like the double wall of the TurboXS standard axle back. The prodrive looks better. Not a fan of the titanium look either. Guess my 37 years is showing. Then again, I equate JDM to riced-out FWIW.

Frank

·
Premium Member
98 Forester...what else
5,689 Posts
fmowry said:
Show him a pic of the Prodrive tip. I didn't like the double wall of the TurboXS standard axle back. The prodrive looks better. Not a fan of the titanium look either. Guess my 37 years is showing. Then again, I equate JDM to riced-out FWIW.

Frank
Thanks for making me feel so old... :rolleyes:

I turn 37 this year (on May 13th, funny enough!!)

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
Roo said:
Thanks for making me feel so old... :rolleyes:

I turn 37 this year (on May 13th, funny enough!!)
Hey....don't call 37 old! Those of us who have eclipsed 40 don't need that kind of abuse!! :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts