Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester xt Auto
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is a good cat back exhaust for the forester looking for best bang for the buck.

I also would like to thank everyone who has ever responded to my threads! Thanks for taking the time.

·
Registered
2005 05 FXT and 05 LGT 4eat/fxt, STI 6sp/LGT
67 Posts
All the WRX/STI fitment exhausts hang pretty low on our foresters...

I have the JIC Titanium (last pic/rear bumper shot) that tucks up pretty nicely...but by far the best fitting for our Forester XT's (04-07) are the newly improved V2 TurboXS 3" midpipe and 3" axlebacks.

These two new models are Forester specific and really tuck up great. They have nice bends rather than just going straight out...The sound is a lot like the Cobb (the V2 midpipe does not have a resonator), but smoother sounding, more like the Blitz Touring axleback if you've heard one of those...but fits the FXT perfectly. I use stock hangers, the end piece is flush with the rear bumper, and the third exhaust hanger is perfectly placed...

Highly recommended.

Also, the new V2's are a full 3" rather than going from a 4" to 3" to 2.5" outlet like the old TurboXS turbo back. The new exhaust is designed to fit stock location exhaust components...no more proprietary piping...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts