Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Forester Premium w EyeSight AT
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if Cargo cover from 2014-2016 outback would work for 2018 Forester? They look the same.

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.5 Premium CVT
1,266 Posts
No clue, but I have a couple of thoughts:

1. You could look up part numbers and see whether they are the same.

2. I know that cars101.com lists various dimensions for the Foresters. If the site does the same for Outbacks, you could compare measurements.

Mike

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The part numbers are different Outback 65550AL01CVH and Forester 65550SG002VH. I looked at cars101 but can't find dimensions for cargo cover.

·
Registered
2017 Forester 2.5i Base CVT
37 Posts
Here is one on-line site for Subaru parts. Do as Subatron mentioned and compare the part numbers between years. But it looks like you got the numbers. Anyway...I have bought parts on-line from the place below.
https://www.subarupartsplus.com/

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
38,749 Posts
Reactions: Redbug

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found it on craigslist but the person is about 1.5 hours drive. Just trying to figure out if it is worth to drive. From a manufacturing perspective, I can see that Subaru would make them the same and just put different part numbers.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I would think that Subaru would keep the part number the same even if it fit multiple vehicles, i.e., different part numbers = different products.

Mike

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
^^^Oh...I didn't realize that. :icon_eek:

Mike

EDIT: Forgot to add, I mentioned cars101 thinking that you might compare the width of the cargo area on the two different vehicles. If they're pretty different, I doubt the same cargo cover would fit.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just an FYI if somebody is interested.
Just chatted with a guy from ebay. He has Forester cargo cover for power gate for sale. He has 2015 Forester with power gate and 2018 Outback with a manual. He measured the silver part width and said that the outback version is longer. So I think it wouldn't work. If somebody has both cars would be nice to confirm.

Thanks in advance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts