Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester Limited
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just purchased a 2010 Forester Limited, and was wondering if the rear cargo cover is a stock item or optional ? All the Forester's we test drove ranging from the premium to the XT had rear cargo covers, but when we got home I noticed ours didn't have one... I know I should have inspected the Foz before leaving the lot to make sure everything was 100% but when loading the rear with all our stuff from previous car I thought my wife removed or retracted the cover. Thanks in advance for any input.

·
Registered
2012 2012 Legacy 3.6R 5 sp. auto
101 Posts
We just purchased a 2010 Forester Limited, and was wondering if the rear cargo cover is a stock item or optional ? All the Forester's we test drove ranging from the premium to the XT had rear cargo covers, but when we got home I noticed ours didn't have one... I know I should have inspected the Foz before leaving the lot to make sure everything was 100% but when loading the rear with all our stuff from previous car I thought my wife removed or retracted the cover. Thanks in advance for any input.
If you have the Limited model , you should have the cover. Here in Canada, only the Limited ( leather ) and the XT has the cover, in the other's it is an option.
I had a similar expeirence a few years ago when I bought an XT. After I left the dealership, I saw I was missing the rear cover. Upon calling the dealership, they found it leaning against a wall in the detail area after they washed the car for delivery and the employee just forgot to put it back in.
Call the dealer to see what's going on.

·
Registered
2009 2.5X Premium/Manual
46 Posts
If your dealer argues, check the window price sticker for the list of option packages that came w/ your vehicle, then Google the package, IE: "2010 Forester Populare Equipment Group 1A" or look up here:

2010 Subaru Forester optional equipment at Edmunds

it should tell you what components you paid for, chances are great that you should have the cargo cover under one of your option packages. Even if not, it's not an expensive accessory to purchase separately and it's cool b/c it fits in the spare tire area when not in use.

·
Registered
2017 2.5i Touring (CDN) CVT
123 Posts
They didn't include one for my Canadian Touring model either... If you can't get it free (included) from the dealer, you might want to with the sponsors here, or online: I found a new one on ebay for $100 less than MSRP.. there is one on there now with the bidding at $77 US. Good luck! It is DEFINITELY worth the purchase.

·
Registered
2010 Forester Limited
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for all the great input / options. I checked the link Prospect attached and from the package option on our sticker its has 1A --- from what edmunds stats in the 1A package theres no Compartment Cover listed :icon_frown: I'll still check w/ dealer, maybe they'll throw one in with all the other goodies they put on the I.O.U :biggrin: Thanks again, I'll keep you posted on the missing cargo cover...

Cheers!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts