Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Forester XS
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be buying a cargo cover for my 2014 Limited with a power lift gate. Is there a difference between the cargo covers for a manual and power lift gate? eBay lists cargo covers for manual and power gates. Is there actually a difference?

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Limited CVT
1,987 Posts
I think it has something to do with the width of the opening at the back gate. I think the motor and gizmos that raise and lower the liftgate may take an inch out of the overall width and require a slight change to the shape or size of the cover.

But I've never actually tested it and measured between a manual and power gate luggage cover.

·
Registered
2018 Forester Premium
78 Posts
I have the power lift gate and bought the cover made for it. It has a different part number so I didn't want to take a chance. It fits perfectly.

·
Registered
Sahuarita, Arizona USA 2018 Forester Limited
2,345 Posts
The Forester accessory brochure for the 2018 lists separate cargo cover part numbers for the manual and power liftgates, so there must be a difference.

·
Registered
15 FXT
2 Posts
The power lift actuator is on the driver's side. The rear trim (D pillar?) is different and that means there's almost 2 inch difference between the cargo cover's rear bar that slides into the slots. I tried to make a manual cover fit since I got it so cheap but it didn't turn out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts