1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
MY05 Forester X
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys

my first post on the new forum!

just went to the melbourne motor show yesterday and to my surprise i saw a 06X Luxo pack with a cargo bin in the back!

(for those who don't know what im talking about: http://www.subaru.com/media/image/2006/forester/accessories/J5010FS401.jpg)

been thinking about shipping one from the US as they're not on the subaru aus website, but been horrified as the shipping was horrendous... however more horrified now that they were wanting $230 odd for it!!!

shipped from the US it would only cost about $190 via slow mail (cheaper if you bundle it with other stuff!)... so yeah just FYI

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
19,159 Posts
Welcome! This is a great place.

Kind of hard to tell what you're looking at from that picture. Awfully small.

Closest thing I can think of is the cargo tray. It tends to run about $35 US on eBay, when available, and is an absolutely essential part of everybody's Forester. These things are indestructable. You can pile anything on top of them and they snap right back.

There are reports of an inch or so difference in fitment from different model years. It doesn't really matter. They all fit well enough.

·
Registered
AU MY06 XS Luxury Auto
446 Posts
This part (as well as many others) is actually available locally. The best thing is to drop in to your local Subaru dealer and ask for an MY06 Forester Accessories booklet. There are versions for Liberty, Outback and Impreza as well. The Australian web site has not uploaded everything.

Here's the Hong Kong version - does not offer the same range, but at least it's a downloadable PDF:
http://www.motorimage.net/HK/files/accessories/06MYForester_Accessory.pdf

Check out the Cargo Bin (#48) on page 7. Essentially, when you open up the plastic "doors", you'll find dividing nets. I didn't think it would suit me as it's all or nothing - you can't open only half the width as I may have a large box that needs to sit alongside for example.

·
Registered
51 Posts
My assessment on the one I saw at the motor show: cheap, tacky, bulky, poor fit, and one of the clips was already not working properly (last Sunday). I need something but I didn't ask about the price because I assumed it would be too expensive; seems I was right. My guess is FHI probably get it for about a tenth of what we are being charged.

·
Registered
MY05 Forester X
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
totally agree... yeah the clip on the cargo bin had to be forced for it to fold down (i jammed my fingers!!!)

its quite misleading cos all the (small) pics in the US catalogs show it with the cargo tray fitted as well so it doesn't look like its only half size - i was under the impression it covered the whole cargo area! lucky i went to the motor show to discover otherwise hehe

·
Registered
AU MY06 XS Luxury Auto
446 Posts
I've seen something very similar to the Rola solution in KMart in Sydney. The same brand also sells other auto accessories and includes for example, a smaller version that fits in front of the front seat (under the knees) and ones that hang behind the front seats. A bit cheaper, but doesn't look as nice as the Rolas.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts