Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2009 forester diesel
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My father has just purchased a 2009 forester diesel, after having a 2lt petrol for many years. However, this week the “carbon particulates” filter light came on, followed by the engine management light and the vehicle dynamic light. He has taken it back to Subaru twice now in a week (2 different dealers) neither of which had any ideas, plugged in a laptop and reset everything. However 1 day later they have all come on again. Do you know if this a common problem if so is there a solution that anybody is aware of? We have lost confidence in the main dealers so I started searching the web for ideas. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2015 XC diesel CVT
4,053 Posts
Not common. What is his driving style-city or highway? Has a sustained highway run been attempted to allow a regeneration?
There have been a *few* cases of faulty DPFs being replaced under warranty, I believe.

·
Registered
2009 forester diesel
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
he has been doing a fair bit of slow town driving, however he towed his caravan for the 1st time last Sunday and 2 days later the problems started then has had problems since. The car does do quite a few longish trips as well.

·
Premium Member
2015 XC diesel CVT
4,053 Posts
needs a good thrash now then. A regen *can* go on for as long as ten miles...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts