Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Forester XT Automatic
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Has anyone heard of a vendor selling eyelids for our SH Foresters? Thought it would make the front end look more aggressive. If not, anyone have a DIY with Lamin-X film or something of the sort?

Also, not sure if anyone has ordered parts from this vendor: Carbon Fiber Front Mesh Grill for 2009-2011 Subaru Forester - JP Carbon

Look to sell a nice looking sports grill and instead of the surround being body colored it is carbon fiber. It's also a significantly cheaper option than the dealer sports grill.

Thoughts/suggestions?

·
Registered
2009 Forester X 5MT
4,320 Posts
My understanding is that he carbon fiber grill does not fit all that great. I believe somebody here purchased one along with the rear and side skirts.

·
Registered
2007 Forester Premium
1,923 Posts
Here's my plan, sort of... Order a gold sh sports grill from Jackie. She has them on clearance and then paint/plastidip/vinyl whichever way you want. It saves a bit and you can get creative making it unique.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds good. Thanks for the heads up.

Any ideas on eye lids? Perhaps plastidip (silver color as my car is silver). Has anyone attempted this?

·
Registered
2010 Scion xB
1,055 Posts
Thinking of tacking the idea next week. Still on the fence about it. Make sure your lines are even for both head lights.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bogey - yeah i agree. I was thinking of getting some cardstock paper, holding over the headlight and draw out a line that looked good. Then take that stencil and cut from a sheet of lamin-x to see how it looks. If you get to the task before i do make sure to post some pics!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts