Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday morning shopping about to happen and the car will crank but won't start :x
Notice check engine light flashing madly but as air flow sensor is less than week old discount it. Ring my friendly mechanic who suggests various items. Check these but seem fine and still no joy.
Ring AA (roadside rescue service). Man arrives and I demonstrate problem.
Hmm he say "Can I try". Gets hold of key and says - "Thats your problem the identity chip has come out. Have you spare key".
Yes says I
Try spare key starts first time. Man leaves grinning saying it happens a lot!! :oops:
Cat had knocked key off hook in kitchen and after scrabbling on floor for a while under fridge etc found all bits. :roll:

·
Premium Member
3,143 Posts
Mine did that at some services on the M1. Ellie had been buggering about with the sigma keyfob and half unscrewed the battery cover... :roll:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Key hook now relocated to point 6 feet off the ground - not even Mad Max - (our black cat) can reach that!!

·
The convert formely known as Lexusfreak
2003 XS
3,970 Posts
Can you give us some maintenance history on the car? When was the last time you had a 'major' tune up, fuel injector flush & throttle body cleaning?

·
Premium Member
97 s/tb
983 Posts
??????
the issue with oldgit's car was the key chip falling out of the key and was resolved on the day.

·
#8 Post ho
1999 Subaru Forester
2,441 Posts
Guess ther's a benefit to having older foresters.. since we've got no security

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.