Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2014 forester
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed for quite awhile that there is a loud noise coming from my 14 forester. I have brought it up several times to the dealership when I went for service. Even scheduled an extra long appointment so they can drive it around. They found nothing wrong. I am not sure if this is what is causing the noise and the lack of power to my car, but they have discovered an oil leak. I agreed with getting the work done and now they tell me I need a new water pump, that it seized in the engine and if they remove the engine to fix the oil leak, it will break. So I have no choice but to fix it. I have had brakes done several times as well as the bearings. Anyway, driving the courtesy car reminded me of what a nice ride it was. Smooth, no noise, accelerated and braked well. Will these repairs help my car drive like it used to?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 2018 Forester 2.5L
16 Posts
They might but before you pay a bundle, perhaps have car checked at a different dealer or at an independent.

·
Registered
2013/14 2.5i-L CVT
836 Posts
I have brought it up several times to the dealership when I went for service
I agree with mrspace re a second opinion from another dealership on the leak+water pump issues.

Also get them to check the noise and lack of power. If they determine a cause and you first raised them while the Forester was still under warranty I'd be demanding your current dealer and/or Subaru pay for the repairs.

I have had brakes done several times as well as the bearings.
How many miles has it done?

·
Registered
2014 forester
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have 120,000 miles on it. Had the bearings changed around 60 or 70,000 miles.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts