Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006 FORESTER XT TURBO AT
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
car power seems to cut in & out, radio up & down by itself, not sure what problem is

Hey. I have been bringing my car into the dealer for some time now - it is the turbo which I guess drives different than regular. Sometimes if you turn the corner, it will increase power in a jerky kind of way.

Sometimes, if I am driving, it feels like the power of the engine wanes and then sometimes even starts to feel like it is going to stop but doesn't and then will jerkingly kick back in. They have looked at it about 10 times now - this has been happening for some time.

Then today, I was driving and it started to do that jerky in and out feeling again - almost like you hit the gas hard fast and then dropped foot off and then back on - weird. So, anyway, today I start hearing the volume of a cd I had in go up and then back down. I was like, hmm cd must be messed up. But then it did it again and I looked at the stereo and sure enough it was not on the cd xxx track display - instead it said VOLUME 7 then went down to VOLUME 6 then 7 and 8 I think - as if someone was actually holding the knob changing the volume back and forth.

I started to think the in and out engine power feeling that comes and goes was linked to bad gas and figured it was he** gas because it seems to happen worse whenever I go to that gas station - I get premium everywhere as recommended for turbo. The shop did an air filter change a few months back and it seemed to solve the problem for a while - they did something else too - with thee pressure or something. So, the in and out like I am gonna die to ok I am back again feeling just started coming back but now with the radio, I am concerned.

If I were to have hit wires under the driver side, would that effect the radio - could it? Also, the light where the shift column is (for P D N R) went out a few months ago and they replaced the bulb. But, they had not put the center console piece back on totally right. Could they have done something replacing that bulb? Or could my foot or whatever have messed up a wire under driver side? If so, is that dangerous?

Also, anyone have problems with 06 foresters driver window getting scratched when you put it up and down? For some time we hear scraping a little when we put window up and down but of course dealer never hears anything. So, recently we noticed after washing it, it actually has scratches going up and down the glass.
Lovely. I said, hey we brought this to your dealership and asked about this 3 or 4 times and now that we have had it over 3 years and the warranty is up, we have to be responsible because that isn't right - he said yes but they would see what Subaru said. You've got to be kidding me - you complain and say something is wrong while UNDER warranty and they look into it say ehh it's nothing then it causes damage right after warranty is up and I might have to pay?

Also, when I back out and cut wheel to the side - not backing straight out but more like pulling out of a parking spot in reverse, I hear something like a rubbing/dull grind from rear of car. What is this - again dealer hears nothing.

Ugghhh what is wrong with my car?

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,590 Posts
Well trans is probably not the best area to post this in....

Sounds like one of 2 issues, either there is an electrical issue causing supply voltage to change significantly enough to cause an issue, or there is an issue with vehicle speed sensing/transmission, AIUI 06MY is CAN enabled and perhaps its the sensing or CAN message that is at issue, but radio volume and engine torque output will both change at different road speeds if everything else is equal.

Simon

1 - 3 of 3 Posts