Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Forester Premium CVT
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came across a woman stuck on the middle of the street, directly on the street car tracks this morning. She told me her car (Lexus sedan) was driving normally and then just went completely, 100% dead as she went to turn. A dead battery wouldn't cause your car to stop right in the middle of driving, would it? Gotta' be something electrical or computer right? Anyway, had run up the street a little to throw my hands up in front of the Muni (street car) just in case he didn't see the car in time and the train driver hopped out of the train and helped me push the car off to the side.

·
Registered
2009 Forester X Premium
132 Posts
Was it a newer Lexus with the keyless ignition? Maybe her Key FOB battery died...? Seems odd, don't know why one would loose all power. Maybe the government is trying out its "StarWars" weapons and beamed some electro-magnetic interference from a defense satellite and killed the car.

·
Registered
2007 Forester
92 Posts
Agreed on the alternator. Had an old f-150 do that to me recently. It had an external voltage regulator that fried and preceeded to try and set fire to all wires in the engine bay when I cranked it.

·
Registered
NA No more! :(
8,529 Posts
Hmm.. this isn't the first time I've seen this. My friend's ES did this too, but luckily in a parking lot.. was her alternator too.

·
Registered
13 Forester XT 4EAT
4,184 Posts
Def alternator. My old Maxima decided Main Street in my town during rush hour was the right time to do that. I pushed the car into a spot. It did give a little warning though, check engine light started flashing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts