1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
99 stb
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone bother with theirs?
if so what you running?
im thinking of getting components up front, upgrading the speakers in the back and running a 4 channel amp.......................

·
Mad Englishman.
MY06 Forester STi 6MT
4,157 Posts
Kenwood DDX 7029
iPod & USB connections in glovebox
Focal 6.5" front door speakers & tweeter sets.
Focal 4" door rear speakers
Alpine 1,200w bridged sub amp
Pioneer 12” subwoofer
Dynamat / Dynamat Extreme

:biggrin:

·
Registered
2004 XT Manual
837 Posts
Rich,

Where have you sited the head unit? In the pod on top or in the centre as oem cd unit?

Kenwood DDX 7029
Pioneer 12” subwoofer

·
Registered
99 stb
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kenwood DDX 7029
Pioneer 12” subwoofer

do the 6.5" and 4" speakers fit in the doors okay?

·
Mad Englishman.
MY06 Forester STi 6MT
4,157 Posts
Rich,

Where have you sited the head unit? In the pod on top or in the centre as oem cd unit?
Same place as the OEM was - normal Subaru location. Double DIN fits with no issues.

do the 6.5" and 4" speakers fit in the doors okay?
Yep. I seem to remember I needed a spacer for the fronts, which was a Vauxhall item from memory, but apart from the extra expense (£2.99) it was fine. The standard rears are rubbish, but as virtually nothing goes through them you don't notice much difference when you upgrade.
A decent sub makes the biggest difference to any system - means you don't have to over-drive the fronts to make bass, so can use them as they are supposed to be used.

Have you an OEM sub in the boot sidewall...? You will lose this if you switch from a standard head unit as it has a separate amp channel in it to drive it. You can regain this by adding a small separate amp though obviously. Tis still crap though in comparison to a standard 10 or 12" driven correctly.

·
Registered
01 UK S-Turbo AT
1,556 Posts
Boggo Philips crap for me :((

Want a Sony CD with aux in. And some decent front drivers. And a sub. I have some kenwoods (6" from the old MR2). Would these fit in the rear?

Mike

·
Registered
1997 T/tb
511 Posts
I had to change the head unit and all the door speakers.

the CD eject button didnt work, so i lost my James Blunt CD (no great loss!!)

and all the door speakers were perished.

I got a Impreza Kenwood head unit off ebay - double DIN - perfect fit (brand new £35)

Kenwood front speakers and subaru impreza speaker mounts, the mounts needed a hole drilling to mount it properly (Ebay £30)

JVC rear speakers for the rear doors http://www.mx5parts.co.uk/product_info.php/products_id/388- perfect fit (£15.99 at the time)

now works perfect

·
Registered
01 UK S-Turbo AT
1,556 Posts
4 inches!!!! I've got more than that in my trousers! 4 inch drivers. at ankle level. hmm, that'll sound nice then... Fuji Heavy industries need to spend more on Audio R&D methinks :))))

·
Mad Englishman.
MY06 Forester STi 6MT
4,157 Posts
4 inches!!!! I've got more than that in my trousers! 4 inch drivers. at ankle level. hmm, that'll sound nice then... Fuji Heavy industries need to spend more on Audio R&D methinks :))))
Haha yeah quite agree matey !! No worries though...it can be cured with careful upgrading of other components :biggrin:

·
Emeritus Forum Staff
2015 Triumph Tiger XCx 1 Down. 5 Up.
5,242 Posts
Kenwood head unit with iPod dock, Alpine under seat sub and some Infinity Kappa speakers to go in when I get round to it. Need to either make some spacers for the front or get some vauxhall corsa adapters to fit 16s up front.

·
Registered
99 stb
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
with the vauxhall adapters do they still fit behind the door cards okay? and are the vauxhall adapters just for 6"?

·
Emeritus Forum Staff
2015 Triumph Tiger XCx 1 Down. 5 Up.
5,242 Posts
Not fitted them to a Forester yet but I used them on my WRX and they were fine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts