Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2010 2.5X Limited
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm considering getting some audio work done on my 2010 and was wondering if anyone knew of any places around Stamford, CT that did good work for a good price.

A friend at work recommended a place about an hour away in NY (near the Hudson)...but I would rather something more local if possible.

Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
2005 9-2x Aero Manual
343 Posts
what are you looking to get done? a friend of mine works at a shop in jersey, but he lives here in westchester, and often does side work. i think we're only about 25 mins from stamford.

he's a professional, been in the business for like 15 yrs, and he predominately works at dealers in the tri-state area, doing installs on brand new cars, before they are sold (including subaru's).

he did a remote start and alarm in the 03 wrx i once had, and also helped wire up an amp and sub. he also did a remote start in the 08 fxt i had, along with helping me do the head unit, front components, and amp and sub. and it won't be long before we get busy on my sti i'm sure.

i'm not sure he'd definitely want to do whatever it is you need done, but if you are interested i can ask him.

·
Registered
2010 2.5X Limited
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't have anything set in stone in terms of a time line or work, but I'm looking to replace the HU (which I think I could handle my self) and install a sub (and amp, if needed) in the cargo area. I have a few customization ideas around the sub depending on if I get a Bazooka tube or 2 8" (I'm looking for something that takes up the least amount of space or is easy to remove). I'm hoping for this to happen no later than the summer.
And then maybe later down the road (aka: when I have money) replace the door speakers and dynomate the doors. But this is much lower on my priority list.

Personally I would rather do as much of the work my self as I can, but since I have never done anything like this I thought taking it to a shop would be best just to make sure I don't screw anything up :p But ideally, I would like to learn how to do this kind of stuff my self.

So if your friend is willing to help me out with this stuff and teach me a few tricks at the same time - I'm all for that :)

·
Registered
2005 9-2x Aero Manual
343 Posts
I don't have anything set in stone in terms of a time line or work, but I'm looking to replace the HU (which I think I could handle my self) and install a sub (and amp, if needed) in the cargo area. I have a few customization ideas around the sub depending on if I get a Bazooka tube or 2 8" (I'm looking for something that takes up the least amount of space or is easy to remove). I'm hoping for this to happen no later than the summer.
And then maybe later down the road (aka: when I have money) replace the door speakers and dynomate the doors. But this is much lower on my priority list.

Personally I would rather do as much of the work my self as I can, but since I have never done anything like this I thought taking it to a shop would be best just to make sure I don't screw anything up :p But ideally, I would like to learn how to do this kind of stuff my self.

So if your friend is willing to help me out with this stuff and teach me a few tricks at the same time - I'm all for that :)
I can ask him. Basically, he will do it if he can charge enough to make it worth his time while still saving the person a decent amount of money over taking it to a shop.

I had an awesome solution for a sub enclosure for my forester. the guy who made it isn't really active anymore, but you could try to do something like he did, or he might still be contactable if you are interested:
http://www.subaruforester.org/vbull...18-duffman-audio-spare-tire-enclosure-box.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts