Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Page 18 in the new C&D issue has a cool article about Subaru! It is about one of the writers/reviewers who LOVES his Escalade, but gets tired of repair bills so he trades it in for a 2010 Forester and loves it!

My favorite quote is "If Henry Ford was still alive, he'd be building Subarus."

Anyone else see the article?

·
Registered
Ah crap.. I'm back with my 05 XS
8,294 Posts
Waiting for my print copy to arrive. For some reason, the Orange County Automobile Dealers Association bought me a subscription (?_?)

·
Registered
2001 Forester S, auto
444 Posts
Oh, yeah the article by David E. Davis Jr.

Sometimes that guy is a hoity toity blowhard but other times I find his writing very amusing.

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He is a very "interesting" writer sometimes, but it was nice to see someone say what we all here know!

·
Registered
04 Forester X, MT
1,039 Posts
Page 18 in the new C&D issue has a cool article about Subaru! It is about one of the writers/reviewers who LOVES his Escalade, but gets tired of repair bills so he trades it in for a 2010 Forester and loves it!

My favorite quote is "If Henry Ford was still alive, he'd be building Subarus."

Anyone else see the article?
gee, i hope his 2010 had the new headgasket or he may be singing a different tune before it's all said and done! :biggrin: :icon_confused:

·
Registered
2010 Forester X Premium
931 Posts
LoL I agree, wait till the HG blows ;) it should be good fallow up to that comment hahaahahahahha ;)

To be honest I agree that driving a forester even the n/a is a true joy. I love the way the car handles, and behaves on the road.

·
Registered
04 Forester X, MT
1,039 Posts
i'm getting tired of the '98 outback auto loaner i have with 227k that needs new struts. love my forester. hopefully that multi-layer shim gasket will last to 300k.

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,966 Posts
Waiting for my print copy to arrive. For some reason, the Orange County Automobile Dealers Association bought me a subscription (?_?)
I got an unsolicited free subscription too. Never figured out why. And it wasn't a scam that will automatically renew with my credit card.

Take note of the fact there there always seems to be a 20% Harbor Freight coupon in the last few pages! (I've also seen them in Smithsonian and AARP!)

·
Registered
2017 Foz 2.5i CVT
1,933 Posts
CD subscriber since 1966....

Oh, yeah the article by David E. Davis Jr.

Sometimes that guy is a hoity toity blowhard but other times I find his writing very amusing.
I have continuously subscribed to CD since I was 14 years old and I am almost 58 right now. It used to be my favorite car magazine; maybe it still is but I no longer wait in anticipation for new issues.

I used to idolize DED back in the 60's and I seriously wanted to be an automotive journalist. I remember the old Boss Wagon exploits, his "Pig of Bronze" Jeep CJ, etc...

But it seems like he ended up getting pretty darn full of himself, starting Automobile magazine (pretty pictures, very little automotive content) after a stint at Cambell Ewald advertising. They just offered me 3 years of Automobile for $18, with a couple free gifts included. I tossed the offer in the trash. I've subscribed to Automobile for periods of time and always had an easy time putting piles of them in the recycle bin.

It seems like his Foz is his "antidote car" after the years he just spent telling the world that his Escalade ESV was the best vehicle he's ever owned until he started facing repair bills. There is NO real car freak that I know that would consider driving an Escalade, let alone telling the world that it is the "best" car...especially after a lifetime of owning *real* cars.

George

·
Premium Member
2015 Highlander AWD XLE 6AT
4,255 Posts
..."Pig of Bronze"...
Now, there's a phrase I've not heard in a very long time... :tissue:

Regards,
Jim / crewzer

·
Registered
04 Forester X, MT
1,039 Posts
i really liked Road & Track better than C&D in my youth but some of their long-time guys retired and i lost desire to keep getting it after that ... Innes Ireland and Phil Hill were 2 names I remember.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts