Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After lurking on the sidelines here for probably two years or more (is there a prize for the longest lurker?) I have found what I think is a deal to jump on but would appreciate the input from the community at large for their feedback.

163,000 km, manual, maroon 04 XT in Alberta Canada (a mere 3000 km round trip for me to pick up!) full leather (it seems Canada got full leather/sun roof/monotone paint job on the manual XTs in 04 that the USA didn't, can anyone confirm this?).

The vehicle is a minter with full service and oil history up until 30,000 km's ago when a new clutch was installed and the previous owner stopped getting the oil changed at the dealer and shifted to a lube shop (I am still yet to actually confirm this but the previous owner was super meticulous having spoken to the dealer they recall seeing the previous owner regularly enough to say, 'oh I know this car yes, she brings it in all the time' so I see no reason that this should not be true).

The one blemish in its history is that the timing belt job wasn't done at 160,000 km so I have asked for the price to be reduced by half the cost of a full timing belt/water pump/t'stat/crank seal job ($1000) bringing the out the door cost to $10,500.

I guess a full trans and diff fluid change would be on the cards at the same time and maybe an 04 radiator switch for an 06 without the plastic end caps would be worth the time and money at the same time as I have read on here (what an awesome resource this forum is) that these are the only other wear items on the 04 XTs?

Is $10,500 including all taxes out the door a good price for this vehicle in anyone else's eyes or should I be grinding down some more off the price due to the mileage?

I have read good things about Auto RX in Edmonton for getting inspections and scooby work done, has anyone ever used them?

·
Registered
2008 Forester AE
1,723 Posts
I would expect you to be looking in the states rather than way up in edmonton!? either way you are going to have a OOP inspection, why go way up there?

otherwise that looks like an alright deal, I'm sure you would find the same around vancouver if you give it some time van.cg

·
The Modfather
2019 Impreza 5dr Sport - Manual
8,054 Posts
There was no such animal as F-XT with a manual that has leather and a sunroof sold in the States. I would have loved one when I got mine in 04 but the only way to get those items was with an automatic tranny :( .

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would expect you to be looking in the states rather than way up in edmonton!? either way you are going to have a OOP inspection, why go way up there?

otherwise that looks like an alright deal, I'm sure you would find the same around vancouver if you give it some time van.cg
I've seen that site a few times, but can never find the vehicles they list on CL on their own site, plus the site doesn't give me a good feeling either. The market in Vancouver is so cut throat for scooby manuals they command a big premium here, plus they are as common as hens teeth, well thats what I've seen.

Edmonton is a nice road trip, break the fresh wheels in, go play in the snow on the way! I'd import from the US if I could but again I just haven't seen the right vehicle in all my months, and now years, of looking and procrastinating.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts