Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Forester X
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the way to school another subie (outback :shake:) rear ended the forester at low speed. Damage wasn't bad and the frame didn't show any bending but I want to know if this can be buffed out with anything. Good thing the paint wasn't scratched. Thanks!

Sorry for the huge picture!

·
Registered
2009 Forester X Premium
3,091 Posts
I don't think so, you can buff the paint but not that black textured plastic I don't think. Try using some armor-all on it to see if it will clean it up but if theres any scratches your not going to get rid of them. I have a few little scratches on mine down low from backing up and bumping a cinder block when parking at work. The armor-all kinda hides them but there still there.

·
Registered
2009 Forester X
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I don't mind the scratches, there are only two distinct ones probably made by the license plate bracket but I just want to mask the white thats left on there.

·
Registered
2005 Forester X
225 Posts
I use Mother's Back to Black. You apply it just like wax. I would bet that would go a long way to making your bumper look better.

·
Registered
2009 Forester X Premium
3,091 Posts
I think you'll be able to get rid if the white line with a little elbow grease

·
Registered
2008 Forester AE
1,723 Posts
back in the vw days I would suggest a heatgun, but I haven't seen it used on the grey plastics.. yet?
maybe try everything else first..:biggrin:

·
Registered
02 Forester L (sold) Manual
1,220 Posts
Use only products intended for unpainted, grained plastic. DO NOT use any kind of wax...it will leave a white residue and you'll never get it off.

·
Registered
2009 Forester X
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll try the mothers back to black and if that doesn't work, i'll try the plasti dip. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
2006 X Premium
438 Posts
DOOD! The size of that photo made the internet crash!
J/K Good luck restoring you bumper.

·
Registered
2009 Premium X AT
863 Posts
Yeah, I'd say try some armor-all original for that.... Maybe afterwards you should go out and purchase the Rear bumper underguard? It'll match your paint job

1 - 12 of 12 Posts