Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Here's a video of me causing the gate to reverse:

gate_reverse.mov

Try it yourself to get a feel for how much force is needed.

I think closing manually would be a good idea when your dog is in the back.
Thanks guys, that is great to know. Hes got a pretty solid downstay, but their tails have a mind of their own.

Heres a vid of my dog chillin with the liftgate opening
Instagram

·
Registered
350 Posts
Funny I ordered a Premium specifically to avoid the power gate. Would love to get other goodies from Touring such as keyless, HID, automatic climate, and nice stereo - wish it wasn't all bundled together.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hold the button on the exterior, just above the license plate. Tapping it will open with power, holding it will just unlock so you can open manually.

If you see the door closing on his tail, grab the bottom of the door. The pressure will trigger the obstacle sensor and stop the closing. I don't think his tail would be enough to trip the sensor alone though.
I end up opening and closing my gate manually all the time. The power lift is great if you have a handful of items....but not great if you're in a hurry.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Aftermarket power lift gate for Subaru Forester 2016 will be available in July! It's a stand alone system and very easy to install (DIY). It has its own ECU so installation will not effect car exiting system. Using original key fob to remote operate lift gate.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts