Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Subaru Forester XT Automatic
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have had a CEL warning code P2441 come up on my wife's Forester XT.
I cleared the code and it hasn't come back. Yet!
This happened to me on a previous Forester!
Can anyone recommend a friendly/reliable Tuner or Mechanic who can reflash the ECU after removing the relevant codes for the Secondary Air Injection system?
I am based in Alton, Hampshire.
Regards,
ANDREW

·
Premium Member
2004 forester sti
1,669 Posts
Of course there are ones further away that might be better .
Pole position
Tdr, Twaites Developments racing.
Scooby Clinic
Fb tuning
Richard Henry
From what ive heard fb tuning are the people to talk to about open source tuning ,
you didn't mention what your goals are apart from sorting the cell warnings.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Of course there are ones further away that might be better .
Pole position
Tdr, Twaites Developments racing.
Scooby Clinic
Fb tuning
Richard Henry
From what ive heard fb tuning are the people to talk to about open source tuning ,
you didn't mention what your goals are apart from sorting the cell warnings.
It is just to delete the codes really. It is my wife’s Winter car for commuting, I can’t see her doing any Track Days!:p

·
Registered
06 2.5XT Manual
508 Posts
I used Engine Tuner in Plymouth to get delete mine although they're like a 10 minute drive for me. They charged £120 (inc vat) for the honour, but that was paid by the dealer under warranty. (for reference)

·
Registered
2004 Forester STI
382 Posts
Won’t Carly or torque app clear and identify fault codes? I’ve got a plug in obd2 d’ongle but could never get it to work with the iPhone a couple of years ago....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
06 2.5XT Manual
508 Posts
@Supacool
You can clear the codes using apps and readers, but when my secondary air pump went, the light stayed off for a day or so, then eventually just came back on again.. most irritating part with the XT (maybe others too?) it causes the cruise light to just keep blinking, which is a bit of a distracting pita!

·
Registered
2004 Forester STI
382 Posts
@Ianb1234 there was a guy in Basingstoke that can remap the fsti. His business was JD modified. I visited him a few years ago to get some work done. Dunno if he still trades....located in Bramley. They may be able to help you.

Supa

Ps I’m down the road from you in Amazingstoke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
All sorted now. I used Race Dynamix at Surrey Rolling Road (Farnborough) and got a remap done at the same time.
Only done on Thursday, so early days, but the turbo now comes on boost sooner and the torque is definitely improved and no flashing Xmas Tree lights on the dashboard!

·
Registered
2004 Forester STI
382 Posts
All sorted now. I used Race Dynamix at Surrey Rolling Road (Farnborough) and got a remap done at the same time.
Only done on Thursday, so early days, but the turbo now comes on boost sooner and the torque is definitely improved and no flashing Xmas Tree lights on the dashboard!
How much did the remap set you back?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
£430, which also included them removing the relevant codes from the ECU relating to the Secondary Air system.
I am happy with the cost. There were two guys working on the car and it was on the Rolling Road for over an hour.
I didn't want to turn the car into a Rocket Ship, I was after more torque and better mpg.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Open source I think. I am pretty sure it was a Tactrix cable they were using.

·
Registered
2004 Forester STI
382 Posts
£430, which also included them removing the relevant codes from the ECU relating to the Secondary Air system.
I am happy with the cost. There were two guys working on the car and it was on the Rolling Road for over an hour.
I didn't want to turn the car into a Rocket Ship, I was after more torque and better mpg.
Thanks mate. I'd better get saving for this and for an uprated fuel pump.....

·
Premium Member
2004 forester sti
1,669 Posts
It is just to delete the codes really. It is my wife’s Winter car for commuting, I can’t see her doing any Track Days!:p
Of course it is .
You say in the post above " I was after more torque " apparently nothing to do with your wife .
Welcome to the £ 60 per month club .

1 - 19 of 19 Posts