Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Emeritus Forum Staff
2015 Triumph Tiger XCx 1 Down. 5 Up.
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of taking the kids to the beach tomorrow and wondered if anyone had any local knowledge... somewhere round Portsmouth, Southampton, Bournemouth area (ie relatively easy to get to from Wantage / A34... a little bit off the beaten track would be good as there's bound to be a few others with the same idea!

·
Emeritus Forum Staff
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, will check it out... hopefully it'll be a nice day tomorrow too!

·
Emeritus Forum Staff
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Beach was nice... but Christ, what a lot of people - I was expecting a lot but I think the whole of the south coast had decided to go this morning!!!!

Saw a red XT as we were leaving... if it was anyone on here I hope you did have to wait too long - you were close but you still had a looooong way to go!

·
Emeritus Forum Staff
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Beautiful... where? or is that a trade secret as it looks a hell of a lot less busy than East Wittering yesterday! ;o)

·
Emeritus Forum Staff
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, bit of a trek for me... nice though.

·
Registered
2005 2.5XT
105 Posts
West Wittering is one of our favorite walks and only about 20 mins from home for us

It can get very busy at weekends - we like to get there for 8.30 before the crowds walk park on the main road walk through church yard to east head then along the beach back to car park road

Lovely walk

Steve

·
Registered
1997 T/tb
511 Posts
sorry i didnt see the post earlier......

if youre comming down this way again stop off at Hayling Island.... beaches are always clean and (usually) not too busy.

·
Emeritus Forum Staff
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Will definitely be down sometime soon.

My wife is from Gothenburg so misses being by the coast... couldn't get much further from the sea than Oxfordshire! Hence why we're looking for somewhere that isn't too much of a pain to get to so we can come more regularly.

What I would like is somewhere that is near a major road (though far enough that you can't see / hear it) and preferable where you can take a short cut to get to it via a byway or similar track rather than having to go the normal, congested way - after all, isn't that the point of a Forester!

I mean, how hard can it be to find that? ;o)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts