1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 uk s turbo manual
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i have a forester 1998 s/tb...
i have been told that suspension from the impreza fits up to 2004<
i tried fitting 95 classic suspension but the rears would not fot as to short...so what actually fits i am looking to drop 3-4"...and run on 17 or 18"alloys...???
what size wheels/offset fits to fill the arches out and tire size???

what model bonnet scoop fits the forester bonnet as i want a taller one...

also is the radiator and fans the same as an impreza...

please be as specific as possible if you can...many thanks nige...

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,015 Posts
The STi suspension up to 03 fits (USDM '04)
All WRX suspension from '01-06 (USDM '07) will fit perfectly fine, and the older classic suspension (GC chassis) should also fit. In order to get the amount of drop you're looking for the struts will be visibly shorter but they will fit.
As far as wheels, thats pretty much up to your own taste... the Version& STi wheels I think are the best OEM wheels to go with the SF5 chassis Forester, and they're 17x7½ et53 seen here: http://www.gruppe-s.com/Clearance/JDM-STI-RIMS1.jpg

As for hood scoops for a '98 s/tb... you can get the 01-02 STi scoop, though it requires some trimming to fit properly. Otherwise there is the aftermarket unit made by Kit shown here: japanparts.com : PARTS DATABASE

The radiator and fans are the same as the classic impreza, Koyo and Mishimoto make decent aftermarket all-aluminum racing radiators to fit, as well as slim-fan kits.

·
Registered
99 uk s turbo manual
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i did not think those wheels fitted are they not 5x114 stud pattern???if they do fit do they fill the arches right out...cheers for the info...
and for the drop i want what model will give that classic or bugeye...

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,015 Posts
There were technically two versions of the wheels... they came in either 5x100 or 5x114.3 bolt patterns so watch out if you try to order a set.

Bugeye STi should give you 3½" of drop if I remember correctly.
as for gearboxes, you can pretty much use any Subaru gearbox as long as you run the matching gear ratio on the rear-diff.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts