Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that the '04/'05 STi airspliter didn't bolt up to the XT. But I was wondering... since the '06 STi/wrx has a different style of scoop than the '04/'05 model years, is the '06 STi air splitter able to be used on the FXT now?

I did some searching on the internet to see if there were any pictures that depicted the differences... but struck out.
But I did see an under hood shot of an '06 WRX on Ebay and noticed that the intercooler looks like the one on the XT.
 

·
Registered
05 XT MT
Joined
·
2,564 Posts
I believe that due to the 05/06 STi TMIC being identical that the splitter should be the same......the 06 WRX TMIC is a joke not sure on splitter though.

Now we have to compete with 06 WRX guys for 39s AND STi TMIC:roll:
 

·
Registered
1998 Forester "S" lifted. Bog-o-matic
Joined
·
2,006 Posts
I checked the part #'s and they are all different.

Unfortunately I did not have any 06's handy t compare to (all at the other lot)

I am going to go with No, for now.

:|
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GatorXT said:
I believe that due to the 05/06 STi TMIC being identical that the splitter should be the same......
My hope was that due the changed scoop configuration on the '06's, that maybe the footprint on the hood was different and therefore the '06 STi airsplitter would bolt up to a XT hood and then mate up to a STi TMIC when swapped onto an XT. But, I saw one online at Subie Gals parts website for an '06 and '05 as seperate parts, so maybe... but not holding my breath.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hondaslayer said:
I checked the part #'s and they are all different.

Unfortunately I did not have any 06's handy t compare to (all at the other lot)

I am going to go with No, for now.

:|
Thanks for trying to look into this HondaSlayer. If it would work, it would be a good lower cost alternative since I saw on Subie Gals website they only cost ~$80.
 

·
admin
2019 3.6R & 98 Forester Atlanta, GA
Joined
·
7,254 Posts
fxtacy said:
... since the '06 STi/wrx has a different style of scoop than the '04/'05 model years, is the '06 STi air splitter able to be used on the FXT now?
I think it will be a much better fit than the STi 04-05's, but the difference in hood heights will probably require some modifications. Let's find one and see if we can make it work.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
GatorXT said:
Well Nanny Nanny Boo BOO......

Installed my AP STG 2 today:razz:..........PDX STG 2 soon

No 39 until 30,000 for me........TMIC on the other hand
You do relize the drive line, including the turbo, is waranted for 60,000 mi. dont' you?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SuperRü said:
I think it will be a much better fit than the STi 04-05's, but the difference in hood heights will probably require some modifications. Let's find one and see if we can make it work.
If you have an extra $80 bucks laying around, order one from Subie Gal and see what modifications it takes to retrofit it. I can't get the finance mgr (wife) to allot me the funds for such an expenditure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SuperRü said:
I think it will be a much better fit than the STi 04-05's, but the difference in hood heights will probably require some modifications. Let's find one and see if we can make it work.
Maybe not for me... I have an '03 STi scoop on already... :)
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top