Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 outback
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now looking at a 2003. nice car, good condition. But it's an "X" not an "XS". I hate giving up heated seats and the big side view mirrors.

I doubt I can retro seat heaters, but what about the mirrors? If I could get a couple "S" mirrors from a parts yard would it be possible to fit them on this "X" model? I love those big mirrors. But have not found an "S" at a price I can afford.

Thanks for any info.

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,827 Posts
I'll say yes if the mirrors are from a 2003-2005 model without the signals, they will be a direct swap. I believe the later models with the integrated signal will fit but wiring them is a pain since the earlier models (yours included) don't have the proper wiring harness. Maybe the member who did this will chime in.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,824 Posts
Now looking at a 2003. nice car, good condition. But it's an "X" not an "XS". I hate giving up heated seats and the big side view mirrors.

I doubt I can retro seat heaters, but what about the mirrors? If I could get a couple "S" mirrors from a parts yard would it be possible to fit them on this "X" model? I love those big mirrors. But have not found an "S" at a price I can afford.

Thanks for any info.
I've have an '03 X & an '07 FSXT with the "dumbo" ears. Before you jump into changing out the '03 X mirrors, give them a try... get used to them. I personally prefer the smaller mirrors on the '03 X. :wink:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Registered
2007 Forester 5 speed manual
11 Posts
Is the X pre-wired for the "S" heated 'dumbo' mirrors?

I'd be happy with the X, but really want the heated mirrors like my old "S" had. I can't see spending thousands more for a high line model just to get the heated mirrors...

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,008 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts