Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2004 forester xt
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, you read it right, i just took off my snows and noticed when i put on my all seasons (245/40/18) on a 8 inch wide wheel +35 offset) the right rear wants to tuck and the left rear looks pretty good, i talked to bobby at Pre and he said the only thing you can adjust in the rear is the tow bars,, which my alignment guy must have done because i have real bad inside wear on the r/r snow tire,

THe car is a 2004 forester Xt, lowered 3 inches on meagan 32 way adjustable coil overs,, the fronts fine but the rear is horrible,

bobble said a couple different aftermarket places make the cam bolt for the rear and he also said something about adjustable endlinks? at least thats what i thought he said.

any help would be great if you could let me know what setup you have or what works best that would be awesome!

thanks,

Jesse,

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
The other issue is the poor mounting of the rear subframe, it can cause odd cross camber. Putting on some subframe lockdown bolts can make a big difference especially if you loosen the subframe during install and tighten it all back down.

You can buy camber bolts for the rear. However your coilovers might have camber adjustment in the tophats.

I'd find a new alignment guy.

·
Registered
04 Forester 2.5XT
107 Posts
Looking through these threads I'm getting the idea that going to the WRX setup, you need camber bolts for the rear but not so much the front. Is this correct? I want to do the swap the weekend but I need to now which bolts to order first

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
Looking through these threads I'm getting the idea that going to the WRX setup, you need camber bolts for the rear but not so much the front. Is this correct? I want to do the swap the weekend but I need to now which bolts to order first
Front has camber bolts stock, rear has no adjustment from the factory. You'll likely end up with too much negative camber in the rear without camber bolts (I have more neg camber in the rear than the front and have the front camber bolts almost maxed out).

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,784 Posts
What exact set are you planning on using? I'm running WRX sedan struts with STi springs and stock bolts all around, no camber issues. Camber is around -1 all around.

Stan

·
Registered
04 Forester 2.5XT
107 Posts
I'm going to be running the stock wrx for the time being with a spacer in the back to help get rid of some of the sag. I have a buddy sending me some WRX SPT lowering springs that I would like to try then. I getting a set of Eibachs shipped for less than $30

·
Premium Member
10,784 Posts
Sedan or wagon struts? With sedan struts your camber should be reasonable, wagon struts will give you more negative camber.

Stan

·
Premium Member
10,784 Posts
Some use the aftermarket camber bolts with sedan struts, my car seems okay with stock bolts. Stock bolts are good quality and I figured unless I really need to change them to fix something, I'll run them as-is.

Stan

·
Registered
04 Forester 2.5XT
107 Posts
I'll probably wait on putting the bolts in until I see how it comes out. If I decide to put the SPT springs on, then I will use them.

·
Registered
2004 forester xt
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So I've decided to lower it another inch, anything else that could help me get tge camber in check?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts