Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Calling AZ Foresters

6K views 74 replies 12 participants last post by  DonutKing 
#1 ·
Need to get a roll call going on the new site...

#7 ·
pleiad7 said:
keyser soze said:
Hey guys.....whats up? Finally found the new site.

This has been a weird winter, no rain, no SF.com, temps in the high 70's......I thought the end was near!! :lol:
NorCal stole all of your rain... we thought the end was near too! :p
Can't they find a way to gather up all that water and send it to the areas it is needed... ie Arizona, Texas, Oklahoma? You know, places that are having and going to continue to have bad wild fires now.

#8 ·
fxtacy said:
pleiad7 said:
keyser soze said:

This has been a weird winter, no rain, no SF.com, temps in the high 70's......I thought the end was near!! :lol:
Can't they find a way to gather up all that water and send it to the areas it is needed... ie Arizona, Texas, Oklahoma? You know, places that are having and going to continue to have bad wild fires now.
Werd! It's going to be a "FIERY" summer this year. :shock:

#9 ·
pleiad7 said:
keyser soze said:

LOL, ya, we saw folks on the news rowing their cars to work! We're still pissed though, stealing all our rain! Typical California Bogarts! J/K!! :lol:

Get ready for a season in hell this summer with wild fires! Gonna SUCK! :x

#11 ·
Quicksilver said:
Fellow Arizonans-
I'm back on, this month from Anchorage! Loving the FXT, with Haka 2 studs, we're in the fast crowd (turning, stopping, and famous in Anchorage Stoplight Grand Prixs!)
-Quick
Hey Quick! Hows the Alaskan Frontier? Your AZ home, Flag, is still waiting for snow. Sucks major! Is Alaska getting decent amounts this year?

#12 ·
keyser-
Yeah, looks like a record no-snow year in the making down in Flagstaff...right on the heels of last years 'excess', too!
Of course, we research forester-types know that it is not uncommon for times of extended droughts to have a brief reprieve in the middle...check me out in five years and I'll buy you a beer if we're not still in a drought!
We do have snow up here, but nothing recently (unlike Flagstaff, when it snows up here, it stays around!)...about a foot of snow on the city trails behind our house...perfect for recreation, cross-country and skate skiiers are loving it, and the Beardog, though 9 years old now, loves it, bounding off into the deep stuff...lakes nearby are frozen, so ice skaters and hockeypuckers are happy...mountain bikes with studded snows are the norm!

Nice to be up in Anchorage with the better half, the Beardog, and Quicksilver! With $700 dollars plus of Hakapeliita 2 studded snow tires, I've had to restrain my self, but I'm hell on ice and snow...a second gear takeoff at stoplights with throttle gradually applied, and easing into boost will plain eat up the big tall 4x4 pickups with their front end loader tires!
I really don't think anything but a well driven STi will take the FXT and then only due to their variable fore and aft traction control weighting.

Get to run down to Seward next weekend (Polar Bear Plunge!!! :shock: :shock: ), for the first out of town run this year...will get to check out new windshield (cracked) for whining! Or was that the Beardog in back, or the wife in front????
-Quick

#13 ·
Quicksilver said:
Get to run down to Seward next weekend (Polar Bear Plunge!!! :shock: :shock: ), for the first out of town run this year...will get to check out new windshield (cracked) for whining! Or was that the Beardog in back, or the wife in front????
-Quick
Quick.....Please forgive the "Desert Rat" for his ignorance....

POLAR BEAR PLUNGE?!?!??? Are we talking real Polar Bears?!? Or are you, of sound mind, (Relatively speaking) going to jump into an Alaskan Lake (Or the Artic Sea) in the middle of winter?!?!?? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Have a safe trip and get some pics!!!!!!!

#18 ·
Myself and the misses are still thinking about moving down that way, can i be an honourary AZ member :D

Anyway, what is THE dealer to go to down there?

I was reading that Camelback is a Stellar performer dealer and is a authorized SPT and Prodrive dealer.

How is their reputation in the market place?

I will obviously need a job when we move down there, hopefully they can benefit from a ASE certified,up to date on SOA training, always in the top three for the dirstrict, service advisor :D

Does anyone have any experience with Classic Communities?

Looks like nice houses, newer, for a pretty good price (start in the 150's)

http://www.classiccommunities.info/communities.html

Pretty sure we will be heading down that way in August. Likely staying with my mothers cousin and his partner.

#20 ·
all i got to say is i used to work at camelack subaru... owner and his son are cool guys and the techs are as well but thats about it the rest of them are jerkoffs.
Like it old roo the parts guy blows ass donnie has no idea about parts and subarus... he just knows he sells stuff and people buy them. THE SERVICE ADVISOR WILL IS AN ASS i was salesman there and i had my sti checked out and he gave me a hard time about my mods and them fixing my car wanted to charge me full hourly rate and cancel my warranty..

#21 ·
DonutKing said:
all i got to say is i used to work at camelack subaru... owner and his son are cool guys and the techs are as well but thats about it the rest of them are jerkoffs.
Like it old roo the parts guy blows donkey donnie has no idea about parts and subarus... he just knows he sells stuff and people buy them. THE SERVICE ADVISOR WILL IS AN donkey i was salesman there and i had my sti checked out and he gave me a hard time about my mods and them fixing my car wanted to charge me full hourly rate and cancel my warranty..
Funny you mention that. I took my forester to Camelback for an oil change etc. a little after buying it and they gave me a hard time about my "aftermarket" exhaust. Problem is, it was bone stock! :lol:

#22 ·
DonutKing said:
Like it old roo the parts guy blows donkey donnie has no idea about parts and subarus... he just knows he sells stuff and people buy them. THE SERVICE ADVISOR WILL IS AN donkey i was salesman there and i had my sti checked out and he gave me a hard time about my mods and them fixing my car wanted to charge me full hourly rate and cancel my warranty..
What about the Service manager?

Any other local dealers I should contact?

#24 ·
Hondaslayer said:
pleiad7 said:
Holy crap, that's some cheap real estate! :shock: Here you can't get a 2 bd. condo under $400k...
Actually I'm looking at these and thinking, $150,000 for a 1200 sqft house? What the hell, I just paid $135 for a 1400 sqft within walking distance of the lake! :lol:
Yeah, 135K will buy you a trailer here! I've been kinda looking w/ my wife for homes in the 200k range and even those are complete dumps anymore. People seem to think that because there was a boom here for a sellers market, that they can ask rediculous prices for some really crappy homes in terrible neighborhoods, that do not even have any real improvements or even worse, work that was done in a hurry to sell. But that's what they appraise for? Well they can keep it, and we'll continue to rent. Guess we'll have to move to New Mexico or sumfin someday.... :?

#25 ·
you are not moving to new mexico! Stay here the housing market is leveling out. you should be ok look at houses more my way man there is still some decent ones for around 200-250 out my way. honda slayer I got here at the right time i bought my house one year ago and have already made double on my house. You will have a hard time unless you look at 200 and above i will see what I can pull up for dealers. my buddy was a service manager at brown and brown ill see if knows something.

#26 ·
This is what 150k will buy you out here: http://www.greathomes.org/property.asp?PropID=20529530&cat=1

A 710 sq. ft. cabin in the woods built in 1910 with a fallen tree in the bathroom! :lol: :lol: :lol:

That was the only listing too. I was going to see what would come up for 135k, but all I got was "There were no listings that matched your search." :lol:

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.