Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
61 - 75 of 75 Posts
Forester went into Power Subaru today to find/fix a fluid leak. Thought it looked like fluid leaked into the plastic sump guard when I took it off for the up/dp install. Kept the sump guard off to be able to go back and check torque on the bolts/nuts after a few heat cycles..and loe and behold there were 3-4" dia. buddles under the car. Looked like they were coming from center diff.

Anyone know how friendly/unfriendly Power is toward mods?

Service guy, Mike, looked at it initially and said he saw fluid on the top of the turbo around the banjo bolt for the oil feed line. I think that was just the remnants of the liquid wrench I used to soak the up/dp bolts/nuts prior to the install. I didn't tell him that though. ;-)

I hope they don't give me any crap about the up/dp. I will have to print off a copy of the legal document detailing warantly denial laws. :)

keyser soze said:
Hey Virgil,

Any progress on your XT? Are the new wheels on her yet?
Alan... I installed an up/dp and loaded the ap stg2 base map. Putting the auto in "3" and flooring it from a dead stop will result in front wheel spin now! So, if you have any doubts about the power increase w/ the AP for an auto anymore, put them to rest. :)

Put her in nuetral, push on brake pedal, tap gas to get vaccum lock, and then put it in "3", torqe brake to 3k, let foot of the gas, and it really rips out of the hole. Hoping to go to Firebird before it gets too hot and see if I can dip into the low 14's... maybe even a 13.9.

fxtacy said:
Alan... I installed an up/dp and loaded the ap stg2 base map. Putting the auto in "3" and flooring it from a dead stop will result in front wheel spin now! So, if you have any doubts about the power increase w/ the AP for an auto anymore, put them to rest. :)

Put her in nuetral, push on brake pedal, tap gas to get vaccum lock, and then put it in "3", torqe brake to 3k, let foot of the gas, and it really rips out of the hole. Hoping to go to Firebird before it gets too hot and see if I can dip into the low 14's... maybe even a 13.9.
I want a ride!! Hey, let me know when you’re heading to the track. I am planning on going during February, I want to go to Speedworlds Sunday Morning Drags, but will do a Friday night/Sat night drag at Firebird. Keep me informed. Maybe we can get a Forester contingent out.

keyser soze said:
I want a ride!! Hey, let me know when you’re heading to the track. I am planning on going during February, I want to go to Speedworlds Sunday Morning Drags, but will do a Friday night/Sat night drag at Firebird. Keep me informed. Maybe we can get a Forester contingent out.
Anytime you plan on being down in the Chandler area let me know an we can set up a time to meet and you can get a ride. I need to still get a kitchen pass from my wife, but February would be a good time to hit Firebird. Speedworld is better track in regards to traction, but it is a really far drive for us SE Chandler residents. :)

sv-fxt said:
I'm back....when is the next drive? VSB and I will each have newborn sons soon, but it would be great do do a drive in the near future :)
Hey mark, prolly in a month or so. My boy has arrived so maybe he'll have enough stregnth for the next drive!

61 - 75 of 75 Posts
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.