Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
41 - 60 of 75 Posts
Quicksilver said:
keyser soze said:
Quicksilver said:
Get to run down to Seward next weekend (Polar Bear Plunge!!! :shock: :shock: ), for the first out of town run this year...will get to check out new windshield (cracked) for whining! Or was that the Beardog in back, or the wife in front????
-Quick
Quick.....Please forgive the "Desert Rat" for his ignorance....

POLAR BEAR PLUNGE?!?!??? Are we talking real Polar Bears?!? Or are you, of sound mind, (Relatively speaking) going to jump into an Alaskan Lake (Or the Artic Sea) in the middle of winter?!?!?? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Have a safe trip and get some pics!!!!!!!
Keyser-
Yeah, probably seems odd...of course friends of mine here look forward to scuba diving once the ice on lakes get solid...nothing like 'standing upside down with feet up against ice to 'clear the cobwebs'...
I have some images from several years back...it's a long tradition...no we don't do the "Plunge", but support those who do...it's an American Cancer Society Benefit, as explained in URL below...
http://www.cancer.org/docroot/COM/content/div_Northwest/COM_5_1x_Polar_Bear_Jump.asp?sitearea=COM
Back when we were Seward residents, we often knew many of the participants...the last year we were there, it had snowed nearly a foot, over night, and the 'Plungers' dove into slush!
-Quick
Quick...Its nice to see CRAZY is still alive and active!! :wink: Its a good cause, so my hats off to all those who Polared up and went for a swim! Waiting to see some pics! Especially of Quicksilver sideways in the snow!

Hondaslayer...I have to say my dealings with Camelback Subaru have been outstanding. The Service Manager, Brett, is awesome; he has always treated me friendly and with respect. How dealers treat you is dependant on who you’re dealing with. I have gotten to know Brett, talked with him and now he knows who I am and treats me great. Sales men are a different case. Ask Virgil about his experience at Power when he bought the Legacy for his wife. No matter what happens, you need to get to the Desert! Its actually cold today.....37 degrees this morning and will get up to 60, or maybe 65 this afternoon...BBRRRRRRRR. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

37 EH?

Must be a heat wave.

It's 19 right now :lol:

And as far as service, I'm asking about dealers because I would be the one you would be dealing with :wink:

Yes, Power "could" have been a good experience but the salesman turned sleezy on us. :x Then later on we sent our survey into Subaru which was supposed to be "confidential" of our experience w/ this salesman. Fast forward to the suby meet at Power, all turned out well. Next day Power get's results of survey and blames my friend who happened to work there(at Power at the time) for the bad survey, even though the sale was "stolen" from him by the sleezy salesman. Now Power Subaru is mad at me because my wife was brutaly honest on the survey. really!? :evil:

Hondaslayer said:
37 EH?

Must be a heat wave.

It's 19 right now :lol:

And as far as service, I'm asking about dealers because I would be the one you would be dealing with :wink:
19!!! Holy Smoly! Dats COLD! I wish it would rain more here, been like 90 days with no rain but we love the temps.

It would be way cool to have ya as the Service Manager.....at Power or Avondale, or Bell... hate to see Brett gone though, dudes way cool.

fxtacy said:
HondaSlayer... I sent a PM with some contact info for people that may be able to help you find a job out here in AZ. Did you get it?
Got the PM,

Thanks, I will be contacting them.

Ben,

keyser soze said:
Quick.....Please forgive the "Desert Rat" for his ignorance....

POLAR BEAR PLUNGE?!?!??? Are we talking real Polar Bears?!? Or are you, of sound mind, (Relatively speaking) going to jump into an Alaskan Lake (Or the Artic Sea) in the middle of winter?!?!?? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Have a safe trip and get some pics!!!!!!!
Keyser-
Attaching a few early morning, pre-Plunge images with snow still falling (6" overnight), and as many inches of slush in the quiet still waters of Resurrection Bay Harbor, Seward Alaska...more photos later!
-Quick

Attachments

Holy Canoli that looks cold!!!!! I would love to be up there...I'd be in thermals, boots and a serious jacket, but would love to be in the snow today.

How many people actually took part?

Hondaslayer said:
Looks like we will be in town Aug 4-12.
Excellent! Let us know where you’re staying and maybe we can manage a get together. If scheduling permits maybe we can get all the Forester Folks out to Luke A.F.B. and fly the Simulator.

Keyser-
Just over one hundred individuals participated, some in groups, some not. All of them in costume. Some in very little costume...;>}

Here in Anchorage, it might get up to 0 today...toasty compared to last night's low in Fairbanks (-45).
-Quick

honda if you wanta really nice hotel for like 50 a night go to

TownePlace Suites by Marriott Scottsdale
Address: 10740 N 90th St, Scottsdale, AZ 85260
Phone: 480-551-110

I know yahoopages says two stars but its way nice. Service is way friendly and pool is always clean. And all the restaurants are right there and 101 is right there. When you get in we should get a gettogether maybe a drive up to sedona so you can see the other side of arizona(The side you will be taking your wife to for those getaways)

Quicksilver how can you do that to us showing us pics of the bitter blizzard. BRRR makes me chilli just looking at it. BUt got any pictures of the costumes worn?

ya we had a mazda 6 4 cyl that thing went to vegas and back and we had enough gas to play around in for another week after our week in vegas. But if you are looking in comfort we got a 300 v6 when we went to the rim of the world and it was really nice even had a little power ...well enough to get it sideways.

Oh that wierd chevy HHR! Wouldn't want to own one, but for a rental it was awesome. Lot's of space and some grunt in acceleration. Strange looking, but again it's a rental car and served it's purpose well!

41 - 60 of 75 Posts
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.