Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
21 - 40 of 75 Posts
DonutKing said:
all i got to say is i used to work at camelack subaru... owner and his son are cool guys and the techs are as well but thats about it the rest of them are jerkoffs.
Like it old roo the parts guy blows donkey donnie has no idea about parts and subarus... he just knows he sells stuff and people buy them. THE SERVICE ADVISOR WILL IS AN donkey i was salesman there and i had my sti checked out and he gave me a hard time about my mods and them fixing my car wanted to charge me full hourly rate and cancel my warranty..
Funny you mention that. I took my forester to Camelback for an oil change etc. a little after buying it and they gave me a hard time about my "aftermarket" exhaust. Problem is, it was bone stock! :lol:

DonutKing said:
all i got to say is i used to work at camelack subaru... owner and his son are cool guys and the techs are as well but thats about it the rest of them are jerkoffs.
Like it old roo the parts guy blows donkey donnie has no idea about parts and subarus... he just knows he sells stuff and people buy them. THE SERVICE ADVISOR WILL IS AN donkey i was salesman there and i had my sti checked out and he gave me a hard time about my mods and them fixing my car wanted to charge me full hourly rate and cancel my warranty..
What about the Service manager?

Any other local dealers I should contact?

pleiad7 said:
Holy crap, that's some cheap real estate! :shock: Here you can't get a 2 bd. condo under $400k...
Actually I'm looking at these and thinking, $150,000 for a 1200 sqft house? What the hell, I just paid $135 for a 1400 sqft within walking distance of the lake! :lol:

Hondaslayer said:
pleiad7 said:
Holy crap, that's some cheap real estate! :shock: Here you can't get a 2 bd. condo under $400k...
Actually I'm looking at these and thinking, $150,000 for a 1200 sqft house? What the hell, I just paid $135 for a 1400 sqft within walking distance of the lake! :lol:
Yeah, 135K will buy you a trailer here! I've been kinda looking w/ my wife for homes in the 200k range and even those are complete dumps anymore. People seem to think that because there was a boom here for a sellers market, that they can ask rediculous prices for some really crappy homes in terrible neighborhoods, that do not even have any real improvements or even worse, work that was done in a hurry to sell. But that's what they appraise for? Well they can keep it, and we'll continue to rent. Guess we'll have to move to New Mexico or sumfin someday.... :?

you are not moving to new mexico! Stay here the housing market is leveling out. you should be ok look at houses more my way man there is still some decent ones for around 200-250 out my way. honda slayer I got here at the right time i bought my house one year ago and have already made double on my house. You will have a hard time unless you look at 200 and above i will see what I can pull up for dealers. my buddy was a service manager at brown and brown ill see if knows something.

This is what 150k will buy you out here: http://www.greathomes.org/property.asp?PropID=20529530&cat=1

A 710 sq. ft. cabin in the woods built in 1910 with a fallen tree in the bathroom! :lol: :lol: :lol:

That was the only listing too. I was going to see what would come up for 135k, but all I got was "There were no listings that matched your search." :lol:

pleiad7 said:
This is what 150k will buy you out here: http://www.greathomes.org/property.asp?PropID=20529530&cat=1

A 710 sq. ft. cabin in the woods built in 1910 with a fallen tree in the bathroom! :lol: :lol: :lol:

That was the only listing too. I was going to see what would come up for 135k, but all I got was "There were no listings that matched your search." :lol:
:lol: :lol:

Yeah,

Here's what $400,000 will get you in MI

http://www.realtor.com/FindHome/Hom...5FCC245AF97C&snumxlid=1053868757&lnksrc=00002

http://www.realtor.com/FindHome/Hom...5FCC245AF97C&snumxlid=1053786948&lnksrc=00001

:p

ya but there are no jobs in michigan and there is alot of snow and u never seen the weather like you will get out here. poop for what i could sell my house for i could have a house in a good neighborhood and pay cash for the house but thats all id have cause there is no jobs. jobs beingthe key factor here.

Here's what you can get for $400K out here:

Below it is: Major fixer with tons of potential!! Contractor's special. Property is zoned LC (light commercial) or residential. Buyer is encouraged to explore potential with the county. Perfect opportunity for home based business with lots of exposure.

Price: $374,777.00

and here's the only other listing in our town for under/at $400K:

Here's a "converted" 2+1 converted upstairs apt. (now called a condo) with 871 sq. ft. of living space.

DonutKing said:
ya but there are no jobs in michigan and there is alot of snow and u never seen the weather like you will get out here. $#1+ for what i could sell my house for i could have a house in a good neighborhood and pay cash for the house but thats all id have cause there is no jobs. jobs beingthe key factor here.
Yeah,

See my sig for details.

:lol:

BTW I can deal with 120 + dry heat.

Try 90 with super high humidity, that my friend, is hell.

Thing's were not so bad pre 9-11, and even the year or so following 9-11. But lately, damn.

When people have no money, the car is the first thing to get neglected.

I used to turn 70k-80k a month in sales and make some nice commision bonuses, now I'm lucky to turn 55k-60k :(

And I'd be willing to leave behind Subaru and get a job elsewhere, but this is what I have been doing my entire professional life.

Hmmmmm, maybe a fireman would be a cool job.

ya i know what you mean and you are the only one i guess who relizes that 90 degrees and 100% humidity is way worse then 120 and no humidity

fireman dont get paid enough and it would be hell to be a fireman out here with the fires we get during the summer.

DonutKing said:
ya i know what you mean and you are the only one i guess who relizes that 90 degrees and 100% humidity is way worse then 120 and no humidity

fireman dont get paid enough and it would be hell to be a fireman out here with the fires we get during the summer.
From what I read the average starting salary pays about what I'm making now. Plus a pension of 1/2 your salary after 25 years...

Retire at 50-55 and pick up another job,perhaps at a national park and continue to collect my pension as I work an enjoyable job? :D

Lot's of fires means lots of work and a good possibility for job openings in a competitive market :D

DonutKing said:
A dealers service manager can't "cancel" your warranty. The warranty is something that offered by Subaru, not the dealer. The district rep is the only one that can deny warranty and even then, it is up to SOA to prove that the modifications caused the failure of the components in question.

HondaSlayer... I would look into Power Subaru. Also, the area SOA rep's name is Mike Gobin..I have his card at work and I would be happy to PM you his contact info if you think it would help. Power has hosted two subaru meets within the past year and supplied the food and drinks and cleared their lot to allow all the enthusiasts to park their cars for the meet.

DonutKing said:
Like it old roo the parts guy blows donkey donnie has no idea about parts and subarus... he just knows he sells stuff and people buy them.
I've got to say, i've been to more than one dealer in my area where this is the case. I wonder if SOA knows or cares? They've gotta care so where's the gap in the line? :x

keyser soze said:
Quicksilver said:
Get to run down to Seward next weekend (Polar Bear Plunge!!! :shock: :shock: ), for the first out of town run this year...will get to check out new windshield (cracked) for whining! Or was that the Beardog in back, or the wife in front????
-Quick
Quick.....Please forgive the "Desert Rat" for his ignorance....

POLAR BEAR PLUNGE?!?!??? Are we talking real Polar Bears?!? Or are you, of sound mind, (Relatively speaking) going to jump into an Alaskan Lake (Or the Artic Sea) in the middle of winter?!?!?? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Have a safe trip and get some pics!!!!!!!
Keyser-
Yeah, probably seems odd...of course friends of mine here look forward to scuba diving once the ice on lakes get solid...nothing like 'standing upside down with feet up against ice to 'clear the cobwebs'...
I have some images from several years back...it's a long tradition...no we don't do the "Plunge", but support those who do...it's an American Cancer Society Benefit, as explained in URL below...
http://www.cancer.org/docroot/COM/content/div_Northwest/COM_5_1x_Polar_Bear_Jump.asp?sitearea=COM
Back when we were Seward residents, we often knew many of the participants...the last year we were there, it had snowed nearly a foot, over night, and the 'Plungers' dove into slush!
-Quick

fxtacy said:
DonutKing said:
A dealers service manager can't "cancel" your warranty. The warranty is something that offered by Subaru, not the dealer. The district rep is the only one that can deny warranty and even then, it is up to SOA to prove that the modifications caused the failure of the components in question.

HondaSlayer... I would look into Power Subaru. Also, the area SOA rep's name is Mike Gobin..I have his card at work and I would be happy to PM you his contact info if you think it would help. Power has hosted two subaru meets within the past year and supplied the food and drinks and cleared their lot to allow all the enthusiasts to park their cars for the meet.
Thanks for the info.

We still plan on coming down in August to check out the area and will probably investigate some of those options when we get there.

-Ben,

21 - 40 of 75 Posts
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.