Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Calling AZ Foresters

6K views 74 replies 12 participants last post by  DonutKing 
Hey guys.....whats up? Finally found the new site.

This has been a weird winter, no rain, no SF.com, temps in the high 70's......I thought the end was near!! :lol:

pleiad7 said:
keyser soze said:
Hey guys.....whats up? Finally found the new site.

This has been a weird winter, no rain, no SF.com, temps in the high 70's......I thought the end was near!! :lol:
NorCal stole all of your rain... we thought the end was near too! :p
LOL, ya, we saw folks on the news rowing their cars to work! We're still pissed though, stealing all our rain! Typical California Bogarts! J/K!! :lol:

Get ready for a season in hell this summer with wild fires! Gonna SUCK! :x

Quicksilver said:
Fellow Arizonans-
I'm back on, this month from Anchorage! Loving the FXT, with Haka 2 studs, we're in the fast crowd (turning, stopping, and famous in Anchorage Stoplight Grand Prixs!)
-Quick
Hey Quick! Hows the Alaskan Frontier? Your AZ home, Flag, is still waiting for snow. Sucks major! Is Alaska getting decent amounts this year?

Quicksilver said:
Get to run down to Seward next weekend (Polar Bear Plunge!!! :shock: :shock: ), for the first out of town run this year...will get to check out new windshield (cracked) for whining! Or was that the Beardog in back, or the wife in front????
-Quick
Quick.....Please forgive the "Desert Rat" for his ignorance....

POLAR BEAR PLUNGE?!?!??? Are we talking real Polar Bears?!? Or are you, of sound mind, (Relatively speaking) going to jump into an Alaskan Lake (Or the Artic Sea) in the middle of winter?!?!?? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Have a safe trip and get some pics!!!!!!!

Quicksilver said:
keyser soze said:
Quicksilver said:
Get to run down to Seward next weekend (Polar Bear Plunge!!! :shock: :shock: ), for the first out of town run this year...will get to check out new windshield (cracked) for whining! Or was that the Beardog in back, or the wife in front????
-Quick
Quick.....Please forgive the "Desert Rat" for his ignorance....

POLAR BEAR PLUNGE?!?!??? Are we talking real Polar Bears?!? Or are you, of sound mind, (Relatively speaking) going to jump into an Alaskan Lake (Or the Artic Sea) in the middle of winter?!?!?? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Have a safe trip and get some pics!!!!!!!
Keyser-
Yeah, probably seems odd...of course friends of mine here look forward to scuba diving once the ice on lakes get solid...nothing like 'standing upside down with feet up against ice to 'clear the cobwebs'...
I have some images from several years back...it's a long tradition...no we don't do the "Plunge", but support those who do...it's an American Cancer Society Benefit, as explained in URL below...
http://www.cancer.org/docroot/COM/content/div_Northwest/COM_5_1x_Polar_Bear_Jump.asp?sitearea=COM
Back when we were Seward residents, we often knew many of the participants...the last year we were there, it had snowed nearly a foot, over night, and the 'Plungers' dove into slush!
-Quick
Quick...Its nice to see CRAZY is still alive and active!! :wink: Its a good cause, so my hats off to all those who Polared up and went for a swim! Waiting to see some pics! Especially of Quicksilver sideways in the snow!

Hondaslayer...I have to say my dealings with Camelback Subaru have been outstanding. The Service Manager, Brett, is awesome; he has always treated me friendly and with respect. How dealers treat you is dependant on who you’re dealing with. I have gotten to know Brett, talked with him and now he knows who I am and treats me great. Sales men are a different case. Ask Virgil about his experience at Power when he bought the Legacy for his wife. No matter what happens, you need to get to the Desert! Its actually cold today.....37 degrees this morning and will get up to 60, or maybe 65 this afternoon...BBRRRRRRRR. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Hondaslayer said:
37 EH?

Must be a heat wave.

It's 19 right now :lol:

And as far as service, I'm asking about dealers because I would be the one you would be dealing with :wink:
19!!! Holy Smoly! Dats COLD! I wish it would rain more here, been like 90 days with no rain but we love the temps.

It would be way cool to have ya as the Service Manager.....at Power or Avondale, or Bell... hate to see Brett gone though, dudes way cool.

Holy Canoli that looks cold!!!!! I would love to be up there...I'd be in thermals, boots and a serious jacket, but would love to be in the snow today.

How many people actually took part?

Hondaslayer said:
Looks like we will be in town Aug 4-12.
Excellent! Let us know where you’re staying and maybe we can manage a get together. If scheduling permits maybe we can get all the Forester Folks out to Luke A.F.B. and fly the Simulator.

fxtacy said:
Alan... I installed an up/dp and loaded the ap stg2 base map. Putting the auto in "3" and flooring it from a dead stop will result in front wheel spin now! So, if you have any doubts about the power increase w/ the AP for an auto anymore, put them to rest. :)

Put her in nuetral, push on brake pedal, tap gas to get vaccum lock, and then put it in "3", torqe brake to 3k, let foot of the gas, and it really rips out of the hole. Hoping to go to Firebird before it gets too hot and see if I can dip into the low 14's... maybe even a 13.9.
I want a ride!! Hey, let me know when you’re heading to the track. I am planning on going during February, I want to go to Speedworlds Sunday Morning Drags, but will do a Friday night/Sat night drag at Firebird. Keep me informed. Maybe we can get a Forester contingent out.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.