Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,113 Posts
Hey guys.....whats up? Finally found the new site.

This has been a weird winter, no rain, no SF.com, temps in the high 70's......I thought the end was near!! :lol:
 

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
Joined
·
29,459 Posts
keyser soze said:
Hey guys.....whats up? Finally found the new site.

This has been a weird winter, no rain, no SF.com, temps in the high 70's......I thought the end was near!! :lol:
NorCal stole all of your rain... we thought the end was near too! :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
399 Posts
pleiad7 said:
keyser soze said:
Hey guys.....whats up? Finally found the new site.

This has been a weird winter, no rain, no SF.com, temps in the high 70's......I thought the end was near!! :lol:
NorCal stole all of your rain... we thought the end was near too! :p
Can't they find a way to gather up all that water and send it to the areas it is needed... ie Arizona, Texas, Oklahoma? You know, places that are having and going to continue to have bad wild fires now.
 

·
Registered
FXT and Wifes Leggy
Joined
·
481 Posts
fxtacy said:
pleiad7 said:
keyser soze said:
Hey guys.....whats up? Finally found the new site.

This has been a weird winter, no rain, no SF.com, temps in the high 70's......I thought the end was near!! :lol:
NorCal stole all of your rain... we thought the end was near too! :p
Can't they find a way to gather up all that water and send it to the areas it is needed... ie Arizona, Texas, Oklahoma? You know, places that are having and going to continue to have bad wild fires now.
Werd! It's going to be a "FIERY" summer this year. :shock:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,113 Posts
pleiad7 said:
keyser soze said:
Hey guys.....whats up? Finally found the new site.

This has been a weird winter, no rain, no SF.com, temps in the high 70's......I thought the end was near!! :lol:
NorCal stole all of your rain... we thought the end was near too! :p
LOL, ya, we saw folks on the news rowing their cars to work! We're still pissed though, stealing all our rain! Typical California Bogarts! J/K!! :lol:

Get ready for a season in hell this summer with wild fires! Gonna SUCK! :x
 

·
Registered
2010 FXT Limited 4EAT Sport Shift
Joined
·
1,461 Posts
Fellow Arizonans-
I'm back on, this month from Anchorage! Loving the FXT, with Haka 2 studs, we're in the fast crowd (turning, stopping, and famous in Anchorage Stoplight Grand Prixs!)
-Quick
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,113 Posts
Quicksilver said:
Fellow Arizonans-
I'm back on, this month from Anchorage! Loving the FXT, with Haka 2 studs, we're in the fast crowd (turning, stopping, and famous in Anchorage Stoplight Grand Prixs!)
-Quick
Hey Quick! Hows the Alaskan Frontier? Your AZ home, Flag, is still waiting for snow. Sucks major! Is Alaska getting decent amounts this year?
 

·
Registered
2010 FXT Limited 4EAT Sport Shift
Joined
·
1,461 Posts
keyser-
Yeah, looks like a record no-snow year in the making down in Flagstaff...right on the heels of last years 'excess', too!
Of course, we research forester-types know that it is not uncommon for times of extended droughts to have a brief reprieve in the middle...check me out in five years and I'll buy you a beer if we're not still in a drought!
We do have snow up here, but nothing recently (unlike Flagstaff, when it snows up here, it stays around!)...about a foot of snow on the city trails behind our house...perfect for recreation, cross-country and skate skiiers are loving it, and the Beardog, though 9 years old now, loves it, bounding off into the deep stuff...lakes nearby are frozen, so ice skaters and hockeypuckers are happy...mountain bikes with studded snows are the norm!

Nice to be up in Anchorage with the better half, the Beardog, and Quicksilver! With $700 dollars plus of Hakapeliita 2 studded snow tires, I've had to restrain my self, but I'm hell on ice and snow...a second gear takeoff at stoplights with throttle gradually applied, and easing into boost will plain eat up the big tall 4x4 pickups with their front end loader tires!
I really don't think anything but a well driven STi will take the FXT and then only due to their variable fore and aft traction control weighting.

Get to run down to Seward next weekend (Polar Bear Plunge!!! :shock: :shock: ), for the first out of town run this year...will get to check out new windshield (cracked) for whining! Or was that the Beardog in back, or the wife in front????
-Quick
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,113 Posts
Quicksilver said:
Get to run down to Seward next weekend (Polar Bear Plunge!!! :shock: :shock: ), for the first out of town run this year...will get to check out new windshield (cracked) for whining! Or was that the Beardog in back, or the wife in front????
-Quick
Quick.....Please forgive the "Desert Rat" for his ignorance....

POLAR BEAR PLUNGE?!?!??? Are we talking real Polar Bears?!? Or are you, of sound mind, (Relatively speaking) going to jump into an Alaskan Lake (Or the Artic Sea) in the middle of winter?!?!?? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Have a safe trip and get some pics!!!!!!!
 

·
I am the KING
looking for SF5
Joined
·
870 Posts
Not a owner yet but......here! Virgil whats up with the baby it here yet status please?
 

·
Registered
FXT and Wifes Leggy
Joined
·
481 Posts
DonutKing said:
Not a owner yet but......here! Virgil whats up with the baby it here yet status please?
Ah man, she is almost there. We had a Dr. appointment on TUes. and he says it could be anytime now. The baby is already around 7-7.5lbs! :shock:
 

·
I am the KING
looking for SF5
Joined
·
870 Posts
good deal get ready for the big change in life. I love it. its a bundle of joy
 

·
Registered
FXT and Wifes Leggy
Joined
·
481 Posts
DonutKing said:
good deal get ready for the big change in life. I love it. its a bundle of joy
It's a bundle of sumfin' so I'm told. But yes, I'm lookin' forward to it! :D
 

·
Registered
1998 Forester "S" lifted. Bog-o-matic
Joined
·
2,006 Posts
Myself and the misses are still thinking about moving down that way, can i be an honourary AZ member :D

Anyway, what is THE dealer to go to down there?

I was reading that Camelback is a Stellar performer dealer and is a authorized SPT and Prodrive dealer.

How is their reputation in the market place?

I will obviously need a job when we move down there, hopefully they can benefit from a ASE certified,up to date on SOA training, always in the top three for the dirstrict, service advisor :D


Does anyone have any experience with Classic Communities?

Looks like nice houses, newer, for a pretty good price (start in the 150's)

http://www.classiccommunities.info/communities.html

Pretty sure we will be heading down that way in August. Likely staying with my mothers cousin and his partner.
 

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
Joined
·
29,459 Posts
Holy crap, that's some cheap real estate! :shock: Here you can't get a 2 bd. condo under $400k...
 

·
I am the KING
looking for SF5
Joined
·
870 Posts
all i got to say is i used to work at camelack subaru... owner and his son are cool guys and the techs are as well but thats about it the rest of them are jerkoffs.
Like it old roo the parts guy blows donkey donnie has no idea about parts and subarus... he just knows he sells stuff and people buy them. THE SERVICE ADVISOR WILL IS AN donkey i was salesman there and i had my sti checked out and he gave me a hard time about my mods and them fixing my car wanted to charge me full hourly rate and cancel my warranty..
 
1 - 20 of 75 Posts
Top