Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2008 Forester A/T
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All you northern california guys do me a favor and keep your eyes open for a used forester. I'm trying to sell my galant vr4 and pick one up. $10000 is about all i can afford, and 5sp only. -thanks

·
#8 Post ho
1999 Subaru Forester
2,439 Posts
Maybe Roo could help you out

might be a small drive but I'd be willing to drive a ways if the person who was selling me the car was honest/reputable

[offtopic] What do you guys think of my new sig? [/offtopic]

·
Premium Member
06 FXT
2,262 Posts
BTW, you can modify the search by entering your zipcode and go from there.

·
Premium Member
98 Forester...what else
5,714 Posts
You're about to get flamed by a Subaru GIRL from the North Bay!! Fair warning given...I'm NOT going to moderate her post!!

I can also promise there isn't a moderator on here who is either!!

·
#8 Post ho
1999 Subaru Forester
2,439 Posts
For 10k you can get a really nice SF (older bodystyle forester) but I think that the SG (newer bodystyle) type foresters are out of reach

·
Premium Member
06 FXT
2,262 Posts
Roo said:
You're about to get flamed by a Subaru GIRL from the North Bay!! Fair warning given...I'm NOT going to moderate her post!!

I can also promise there isn't a moderator on here who is either!!
Haha, I can't imagine Silke flaming anyone. She is just too cool! :)

·
Premium Member
98 Forester...what else
5,714 Posts
SKSTI said:
Haha, I can't imagine Silke flaming anyone. She is just too cool! :)
The only reason she didn't flame is because she watched me writing up a post to warn everyone. [reverse psychology]

:D :D

·
Premium Member
2008 Forester A/T
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i've been checking craigslist everyday, haven't found anything too special yet. thanks for the post about auto trader totally spaced that they had a web site...

·
Premium Member
06 FXT
2,262 Posts
No problem, glad to be of assistance.

BTW, are you looking for an S or XT? Why not put 10k toward a downpayment and get yourself a new one? But I totally understand if you don't want to deal with monthly payments and insurance.

·
Premium Member
2008 Forester A/T
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
if i wasn't still in school i would totally get an xt, but learnin is spensive. I think my price is going to limit me to the older body style as senorsubie said, which is fine as long as i can find a nice one. the 2.5's seem like good motors so i'm guessing 80 or 90,000 miles isn't that big of a problem as long as i keep an eye on the timing belt.

·
Premium Member
2016 2.5i Premium CVT
910 Posts
It would be helpful if we knew where in NorCal you are. (eg: zipcode) I didn't realize how many used A/T Foresters there were out there until I started looking!

·
Premium Member
2008 Forester A/T
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i'm in santa rosa zip 95405
what is an ej25 and what are its quirks?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts