Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Forester XT
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted to the CVT Facebook group just a bit ago, but it looks like us AP owners will soon have the ability to monitor CVT temps right through the AP itself!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 Forester XT
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The day is here, update your APs in order to gain access to real time CVT temp monitoring!

https://www.cobbtuning.com/new-cvt-temperature-monitor-for-supported-wrx-and-forester-xt-vehicles/

Cobb has officially supported it, and I'm guessing they may begin some more serious CVT type requests now given the growing expressed interest. Considering they claimed they wouldn't go into CVT tuning *at all*, but then turned around to make j-pipes for CVTs and now have updated their firmware on the Accessport for CVT temp monitoring, it looks like some brighter days may be ahead for us CVT driven FXT folk!!!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Touring XT CVT
187 Posts
That's funny, I was even JUST at their site tinkering around page to page out of boredom and thought, huh, wonder if they will get that itch to get back on the CVT train, and maaaaaaaaaaybe even toy with the idea of a OTS stg2 map again, heh. You never know. ;)

·
SeasonedStalker
2017 XT Touring in CBS HT CVT
316 Posts
My prayers have been answered! Finally I can get some hard data on whether or not I need to add that trans cooler I've been wanting!

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT CVT
287 Posts
Geez, it's almost worth getting an Accessport just so I can monitor the CVT temp
Agreed! Only thing better would be a vent / digital gauge combo.

Any idea if SOA would void warranty if no flash tune was installed and only used to monitor temps / stats???

·
Registered
2018 Forester XT
1,452 Posts
Subaru can’t tell squat if you take the tune off during maintenance. I’ve been doing it for a decade on various cars.

·
Registered
2017 FXT
82 Posts
so what are the normal and high ranges for the CVT temp?
My question exactly. Without knowing baselines for different environments/conditions, how would you know if your temps were good. You could use the temp range based on the HT-CVT fluid viscosity, but that doesn't really compare with real life experiences.

·
Registered
2017 XT
18 Posts
I'll post this image here as well as another CVT temp thread.

It was hot here yesterday, wunderground said 111F, car said 114F. 3 min major gridlines, it was a somewhat short run to the store. ATF degradation 3.89%, Car Scanner Pro, iPhone 5s, VeePeak ELM327

1 - 13 of 13 Posts