Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Ah crap.. I'm back with my 05 XS
8,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If you haven't seen this already.. these are in effect NOW...

Traffic Tickets Fines (01/06/2010)
Violation Total Fine Due
VC 12814.6 $214 Failure to obey license provisions.
VC 14600(A) $214 Failure to notify DMV of address change within 10 days Note: The fine may be reduced with valid proof of correction.
VC 16028(A) $796 Failure to provide evidence of financial responsibility (insurance) Note: This fine may be reduced with proof of insurance on or after the violation date.
VC 21453(A) $436 Failure to stop at a red signal.
VC 22350 $214 VC 22349 Unsafe Speed, 1 to 15 miles over the limit.
VC 22350 $328 VC 22349 Unsafe Speed, 16 to 25 miles over the limit.
VC 22450 $214 Failure to stop at a stop sign.
VC 22454(A) $616 Passing a school bus with flashing red signals.
VC 23123(A) $148 Drive using wireless phone not hands free, First offense
VC 23123(A) $256 Drive using wireless phone not hands free, For each subsequent offense.
VC 23123.5(A) $148 Drive while wireless device to send, read or write text.
VC 23124(B) $148 Minor drive using wireless phone.
VC 22500(I) $976 Parking in a bus loading area.
VC 22507.8(A through C) $976 Violation of disabled parking provisions, first offense.
VC 22507.8(A through C) $1876 Violation of disabled parking provisions, second offense.
VC 26708(A) $178 Unlawful material on vehicle windows.
VC 27150(A and B) $178 Adequate muffler required
VC 27315(D and E) $148 Mandatory use of seat belts.
VC 27360(A and B) $436 Mandatory use of child passenger restraints Note: This fine may be reduced by completing a court authorized child seat diversion program.
VC 27400 $178 Headsets/Earplugs over both ears.
VC 27803 (A through C) $178 Motorcycle safety helmet requirements.
VC 34506.3 $616 Commercial Driver - Log book violation
VC 4000(A) $256 No evidence of current registration. Note: The fine may be reduced with valid proof of correction.
VC 4159 $178 Notify DMV of change of address within 10 days. Note: The fine may be reduced with valid proof of correction.
VC 5200 $178 Display of license plates. Note: The fine may be reduced with valid proof of correction.
VC 9400 (A through C) $178 Commercial weight fees due. Note: The fine may be reduced with valid proof of correction.
Source: http://www.saccourt.ca.gov/traffic/fine-breakdown.aspx
:icon_frown:

I do like the new cell phone and disabled parking pass fines though!

·
Registered
2002 forester 2.0 LPG automatik
82 Posts
pff what a fines! thats one way to solve the budgetary deficit

·
Premium Member
98 Forester...what else
5,714 Posts
It would be if the laws were enforced - I love the disabled parking fines...

·
Registered
05 Forester XT
541 Posts
It is worst in some European countries. They fine you based on a percentage of your wealth. Get caught speeding, pay several millions...

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oooooh... that's a cool idea! Most of the people doing stupid crap on the road here are the wealthier folks... probably just because they think their wealth gives them the power to do what they want.

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT Touring
1,067 Posts
VC 22350 $214 VC 22349 Unsafe Speed, 1 to 15 miles over the limit.
So lets see... my wife who just got a speeding ticket last week for going 80 on the highway (posted limit of 65) will be charged $214

VC 27400 $178 Headsets/Earplugs over both ears.
And if I ever use my iphone headset as hands-free and have both in my ears (because typically with only one in the other will weight it down and it'll fall out), I'll have to pay $178.

:chair:

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So lets see... my wife who just got a speeding ticket last week for going 80 on the highway (posted limit of 65) will be charged $214
One guy on NASIOC got charged $542 for going 16mph over! :icon_eek:

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT Touring
1,067 Posts
Apparently the cop said she was going 81 but only wrote her up for 80. I'm no expert on the laws and tickets and such, but besides the base fine for speeding i heard that there is another "reckless driving" fee for going over 15 over the posted... not sure.

And after hearing that, Neoshi, I really hope we ONLY have to pay $214 + traffic school fees

·
Registered
2002 forester 2.0 LPG automatik
82 Posts
It is worst in some European countries. They fine you based on a percentage of your wealth. Get caught speeding, pay several millions...
Thats in finland. Some rich guy had to pay 50.000 euro for speeding. A certain percentage of his annual income!

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Apparently the cop said she was going 81 but only wrote her up for 80. I'm no expert on the laws and tickets and such, but besides the base fine for speeding i heard that there is another "reckless driving" fee for going over 15 over the posted... not sure.

And after hearing that, Neoshi, I really hope we ONLY have to pay $214 + traffic school fees
Yikes.. I hope there is no reckless fee either. But from what I remember on other speeding tickets I've seen, it usually does appear because 80mph usually comes out to roughly $350 before traffic school fees.

California Vehicle Code§ 23103.5: Wet Reckless or Reckless Driving Involving Alcohol (Priorable as a California DUI)
(a) Any person who drives any vehicle upon a highway in willful or wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property is guilty of reckless driving.
(b) Any person who drives any vehicle in any offstreet parking facility, as defined in subdivision (c) of Section 12500, in willful or wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property is guilty of reckless driving.
(c) Persons convicted of the offense of reckless driving shall be punished by imprisonment in a county jail for not less than five days nor more than 90 days or by a fine of not less than one hundred forty-five dollars ($145) nor more than one thousand dollars ($1,000), or by both that fine and imprisonment, except as provided in Section 23104.

·
Registered
2015 Outback Limited
1,513 Posts
Those fines are crazy (besides the disabled parking one which is awesome! haha). Have they always been that high over there? The most I've paid for a ticket was around $150 and I was going 25 mph over.

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's always been pretty high but now it's even higher. Wow $150 only for 25? I've never seen it that low here in CA in my lifetime.

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,450 Posts
Oooooh... that's a cool idea! Most of the people doing stupid crap on the road here are the wealthier folks... probably just because they think their wealth gives them the power to do what they want.
Maria Shriver would be on the hook for her recent violations! :lol:

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Maria Shriver would be on the hook for her recent violations! :lol:
Now that would be a sight to see! She'd probably divorce Arnold in the process for allowing such a law to pass. lol

Glad to see Cali is leading the way for more BS and totally overpriced fines.
Haha but yanno how we are.. not bothered by them until we get hit by them!

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,450 Posts
Glad to see Cali is leading the way for more BS and totally overpriced fines.
Meh... Don't drive like a d!ck or act like the road belongs to you, and you have nothing to worry about. I for once am glad to see some of these fines raised, because a $20 ticket does nothing to dissuade people from talking on their cell or texting.

And as long as you're not going 10-15 mph over the limit no cop in CA will even bother to pull you over on the freeway unless you're doing something extraordinarily stupid.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts