Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. Im a prospective Forester buyer, and there are a number of things I really like about the car.

However, I really like a quieter ride with less road/wind noise in the cabin.

I understand this is not a Lexus, but compared to comparable cars (Rav4, Outback, etc.) what are people's thoughts on the cabin noise in the Forester?

Ive heard things ranging from the Forester being more pronounced in road noise compared to comparable cars, to the Forester being among the quieter...hope people here can give me some good feedback.

Thanks!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Ive seen the thread but havent read every page of it. It looks to me like its about HOW to lessen the road noise, but Im asking about how it compares to other comparable SUVs? Is it any worse or do they all suffer from elevated road noise?

·
Registered
40 Posts
my opinion.

louder than an outback, about the same as a RAV4, quieter than a CR-V by a lot, about the same as a camry, and louder than an F250 minus the turbo whine.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
2016 Forester XT AT
1,295 Posts
We have an 04 Sienna; traded in a 2002 Nissan Pathfinder for the Forester. Can offer these thoughts: The Forester is no worse or better than those two as far as road noise goes. But tires have a big impact, both the Pathy and Forester used aggressive AT tires that are inherently more noisy. When the Forester was on its stock tires, it was fine, as noted as quiet as the Sienna. Also, the cargo cover helps quite a bit in keeping some of that noise down.

Hope this helps a bit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts