Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2010 XT Premium
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I just did a massive trip ( 3500K's ) and we all found it a bit of a pain that we couldn't watch the DVD while moving. Now I understand the safety issues relating to this but I would still like "the choice" to control the head unit while moving if I'm say, in the passenger seat. Also - It's so annoying having to stop just to punch in destinations etc. Everyone in the Foz found it a bit 'silly' having to stop the car every time we wanted to pick a new destination. Anyway rant over - How can I bypass this nanny feature?
I've read how it can be done on Lexus vehicles and on vehicles with the parking brake sensor but can't find anything for the 2010 FXT Premium. Help!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Digs.

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT Limited
649 Posts
What brand? Most pioneer can be bypass this way, probably work for other brand too.

AVIC411.com • View topic - AVIC D3 Bypass with PICTURE!!!

Hi

I just did a massive trip ( 3500K's ) and we all found it a bit of a pain that we couldn't watch the DVD while moving. Now I understand the safety issues relating to this but I would still like "the choice" to control the head unit while moving if I'm say, in the passenger seat. Also - It's so annoying having to stop just to punch in destinations etc. Everyone in the Foz found it a bit 'silly' having to stop the car every time we wanted to pick a new destination. Anyway rant over - How can I bypass this nanny feature?
I've read how it can be done on Lexus vehicles and on vehicles with the parking brake sensor but can't find anything for the 2010 FXT Premium. Help!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Digs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts