Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll deeply miss my dad's 04 JBP FXT MT...
He decided it was time for it to go with 30k highway miles, traded in at the dealership

Good thing i got to drive it last week for the 3rd time ever. I'll never forget that drive. Now i'll never be able to have that FXT for myself, some stranger will...:cry:

Welcome brand new 06 Legacy GT Auto...:mad: wagon, its silver...PSM i think?
Okay its much more refined and stuff but the FXT is a legend!!! My dad neeeded the leather seats, auto, and refinements, his back was suffering

Ill post pics this weekend

Ps, i need those LegGT rimzzz!!!111 Do they fit the forester? i forget

·
Premium Member
12 Premium 5-speed
4,486 Posts
Man, that Legacy GT Wagon is one gorgeous car. Too bad about the XT but at least your Dad is staying in the Subaru family, right?

·
Registered
563 Posts
jbleee said:
I'll deeply miss my dad's 04 JBP FXT MT...
He decided it was time for it to go with 30k highway miles, traded in at the dealership

Good thing i got to drive it last week for the 3rd time ever. I'll never forget that drive. Now i'll never be able to have that FXT for myself, some stranger will...:cry:

Welcome brand new 06 Legacy GT Auto...:mad: wagon, its silver...PSM i think?
Okay its much more refined and stuff but the FXT is a legend!!! My dad neeeded the leather seats, auto, and refinements, his back was suffering

Ill post pics this weekend

Ps, i need those LegGT rimzzz!!!111 Do they fit the forester? i forget

Same bolt pattern, but offset is 55mm (vs 48mm for Forester)

·
6/22/76 - 12/21/14 , Gone but not forgotten
742 Posts
KCCasey said:
Wha? Why? It still has 200K of life left...
Some people don't buy vehicles to wring every bit of life out of them... Some people just buy vehicles to use them, then replace them when they get tired of them or need another vehicle for a different reason.

I have a buddy who has gone through 5 cars in the past 4 years. All new, all traded-in.

I'm sure he's in a boatload of debt, but to him, that's a priority and path he chooses to take. I don't think any of the vehicles had even eclipsed the 15K mark before he traded it in.

K

·
0 Posts
That's nuts. The amount your buddy loses on depreciation must be insane.

sirwilliam: Thanks - I think I need a remedial course in reading comprehension!

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I havent really even checked out the new LegGT we have in our garage now. Only drove it once to re-park it on the driveway but i really need to get pics, its pretty :)

·
#8 Post ho
1999 Subaru Forester
2,441 Posts
At least the replacement is a freaking sweet (and damn good looking too I might add) subaru..

Your faja doesn't allow you to drive 'er?

P

·
0 Posts
If I won the lottery I think I would enjoy getting a new car every couple of years think of all the permutations of Subaru you could drive.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts