Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2010 Forester Limited 2 months ago and love it! But, there is a constant resonating noise coming from both front doors that is really annoying. I'm guessing its a cable hitting sheet metal. It gets worse on bumpy roads or when changing lanes.

I took it into the dealer for a warranty claim and was denied. The tech checked other foresters on the lot and they did the same thing (supposedly) so deemed the noise, "normal". The tech called the factory and they have heard simliar complaints but don't have a fix. I knew and accept that foresters would have road noise but cables banging against sheet metal?

Anyone else have this problem?

Anyone have pictures/instructions on how to open a 2010 door panel? The dealer suggested wrapping the cabes w/ a foam tube.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2009 FXT
202 Posts
thats BS search on here and you will find a solution. The dealer was full of crap and subaru knows of this problem

·
Registered
2010 Forester
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My fault, didn't notice the forum "search" feature. Will do next time :).

Thank's for the information. I'm glad I'm not alone. Pissed I got BS'd by the dealer.

·
Registered
2010 2.5 Premium, auto
18 Posts
I entered this in the 09 thread as well: My 10 had the same door rattle, it was getting to the point where I thought I might go jeep style and just take the things off. I unfortunately am stationed not close to a dealership so getting to the closest one is an all day event. However I took it to the dealership without an appointment explained the problem and 45 mins later, including an oil change and tire rotate the doors were fixed. Foam tape was all it took I feel like I am driving a completely new car, super quiet, couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
03X MT
847 Posts
There is a TSB on the exact issue you took the Forester in for and the dealer side stepped the issue.

I would for no other reason than peace of mind be contacting SOA and the dealer with the TSB info and remind them that as buyers of their products we expect some sort of expertise when bringing a car in for warranty work. This is BS.

You should not have to be taking apart a new car to fix something the dealer is too #@*pid to fix up front.

Please make sure you go one the dealers thread on this forum and give them the review they deserve.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts