Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT Premium M/T
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been on the hunt for a couple weeks (finally) for my first FXT. Since I'm mainly aiming for 04-05, most are highER mileage with a lot of new timing belts, water pumps, etc.

I'm following up tonight with an ad for an 05 FXT with 91k miles but has recently had its head gaskets replaced. This is nice due to it being a spendy repair, but I'm curious if this raises a flag for a 'buyer beware' in regards to how the vehicle was maintained, or if it's a common thing for that year and mileage combo. I wanted to make a post before I asked the seller the simple 'why' question.

Sorry in advance for a possible noob question - still in 'learning mode'.

And if anyone else wants to shed some light on good or bad price, they're asking $13k and it has leather, moonroof, and cold climate package.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2007 Forester Sports XT Manual
219 Posts
That is a high price for my area. If the owner had the timing belt replaced while doing the headgaskets, it would be a good sign of a well maintained vehicle. If you had to replace your head gaskets at 80k+ miles, I'm pretty sure everyone would recommend to replace the belt, pulleys, etc. Always ask to see service records.

·
Han shot first
07 FXT Ltd 3 pedal
328 Posts
I think it's a little high in the price range. Also, I would question if the timing belt and water pump were NOT done when the HG's were done. You've already got everything off, at those miles, you'd be stupid to not throw the belt and pump in too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts