Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT sports
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there potential issues besides rust that I should take into consideration with regards to buying a car from a place that has it's fair share of snow and rain? I'm thinking about buying the car sight unseen...

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,672 Posts
IMO, you should never purchase a vehicle that you can't look over in person, or have a trusted third party look it over. Too many things that could be wrong. :frown:

My .02 cents worth. :wink:

Bobby...

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,100 Posts
I bought my XT site unseen, but "Maxspeed6" had looked at it and it was checked over by a dealer who provided a report. Tons of pix were also provided by the seller.

·
Registered
2009 Forester 2.5x
706 Posts
Shouldn't really be any rust on an 07' unless the car was parked in the ocean.
I think there will be rust on the sub-frame, suspension, exhaust, and all related bolts, hangers, hardware. The roads in MA are salted beyond belief when it snows. Have someone here look it over for you...on a lift.
Steve
09 2.5X

·
Registered
2002 L
273 Posts
I think there will be rust on the sub-frame, suspension, exhaust, and all related bolts, hangers, hardware. The roads in MA are salted beyond belief when it snows. Have someone here look it over for you...on a lift.
Steve
09 2.5X
Where in MA? i have 100k on my 02 and only superficial rust on some of the suspension and exhaust

1 - 7 of 7 Posts