Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am in the market to buy a new Subaru. I want a forester, but will look at an outback too. The two things that I need are a manual tranny, and a navigation system. It seems that neither the forester or the outback have theese options together. I think the impreza does, but it's too small. I am not interested in an aftermarket nav. system. Does anyone know if subaru does special orders such as a forester 2.5x premium with a manual tranny and a nav system? Also, does anyone know if there will be any options changes on the 2011 models? thanks, tom

·
Registered
99 Subaru
3 Posts
Hi, I am in the market to buy a new Subaru. I want a forester, but will look at an outback too. The two things that I need are a manual tranny, and a navigation system. It seems that neither the forester or the outback have theese options together. I think the impreza does, but it's too small. I am not interested in an aftermarket nav. system. Does anyone know if subaru does special orders such as a forester 2.5x premium with a manual tranny and a nav system? Also, does anyone know if there will be any options changes on the 2011 models? thanks, tom

Tom,
Just came from a Sub dealership this morning, and helped a friend buy a new Forester today. After reading the brochure and talking with the salesman at considerable length, it is clear that Subaru markets options as packages only. So, pick and choose options to build a car as you want it, does not exist. I don't think Subaru will accept a special order. I think that the 2011 models will continue this same marketing tactic as the 2010 model year. Sorry that my post is not what you want to hear.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As it turns out the dealer said I can get a nav system installed on a model with a stick. I hope he is telling the truth. tom

1 - 5 of 5 Posts