Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to buy, well I think, a 2010 Forester XT. One owner. Only 92k on it and never up north... what I am worried about are the HG. Were the head gaskets ever a issue with the 2010 XT's? Also is there anything else I should be looking out for. Hope to be a part of the community soon :)

·
Premium Member
2018 X3 M40i / 2016 X3 xDrive35i
1,632 Posts
Head gaskets are not a common problem with the Turbo EJs in comparison to the NA EJs.

Is there service history for the vehicle? It will be coming up on the Timing belt and depending on oil change intervals it may be a good idea to consider a proactive replacement of the turbo.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Head gaskets are not a common problem with the Turbo EJs in comparison to the NA EJs.

Is there service history for the vehicle? It will be coming up on the Timing belt and depending on oil change intervals it may be a good idea to consider a proactive replacement of the turbo.
What should I look for with the turbo?

·
Premium Member
2018 X3 M40i / 2016 X3 xDrive35i
1,632 Posts
Short of taking off the downpipe to check for shaft play there's not much to check for. I would just ask for service history as neglecting oil and neglecting to remove the banjo bolts filter screen makes these turbos poop the bed early.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts