Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Sold
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
. . . despite this the Christmas decorations are up in John Lewis Bluewater. Lets get down there now and clear the shelves to make space for Easter Eggs

·
Registered
2004 looking 6 MT
262 Posts
Hey there's only 85 days to xmas you know! Folk need time to get used to the idea apparently, as it only happens once a year they may forget to buy all those prezzies.they are just helping us out.
I've seen xmas menus in hotels for months now. there should be a law that no signs of xmas be shown until december or they get shut down.

·
Premium Member
2008 Forester Cross Sport AUTO
4,782 Posts
Hey there's only 85 days to xmas you know! Folk need time to get used to the idea apparently, as it only happens once a year they may forget to buy all those prezzies.they are just helping us out.
I've seen xmas menus in hotels for months now. there should be a law that no signs of xmas be shown until december or they get shut down.
I agree Phil.

ATVB

AM

·
Emeritus Forum Staff
2015 Triumph Tiger XCx 1 Down. 5 Up.
5,242 Posts

·
Registered
2006 STI
6,975 Posts
This is the plus side of working out of town and spending weekends in the garden/park/RHS/woods, etc.

I mostly avoid Christmas until I am ready!

·
Registered
2007 Outback Manual
575 Posts
As much as it was a pain to think about, we've finished our Xmas shopping. :crazy: Stress free December and no big bill in January. :biggrin:

·
Registered
2004 looking 6 MT
262 Posts
As much as it was a pain to think about, we've finished our Xmas shopping. :crazy: Stress free December and no big bill in January. :biggrin:
So your the smug one laughin at the xmas eve chaos. Bet you buy your cards and wrapping paper in the jan sales too.:catfight:

·
Registered
2007 Outback Manual
575 Posts
So your the smug one laughin at the xmas eve chaos. Bet you buy your cards and wrapping paper in the jan sales too.:catfight:
Not quite that bad with the cards, but my missus bought 50 metres of wrapping paper which has lasted 3 years and counting :raspberry:

·
Registered
2006 2.0 XE Manual N/A
1,240 Posts
Eeh, when I were a lad it were different.

Everything happened in the right order. First we had Hallowe'en, then Bonfire Night and only then did the Christmas stuff appear in the shops. Everything shut down over Christmas and the sales didn't start until January.

I feel sorry for parents of young kids these days when I see the Christmas stuff coming out in September.

·
Emeritus Forum Staff
2015 Triumph Tiger XCx 1 Down. 5 Up.
5,242 Posts
apologies for toning down my post,full barrels from now on.shooting will be too kind.:evilatyou:
No problem, assumed it was just a typo :biggrin:

·
Registered
2015 Fiat van Man stick
4,808 Posts
I'm with mikeD. Nothing at should happen until the right time. It certainly ain't September!

·
Registered
55 XTE
77 Posts
Corrected it for you :biggrin:
Absolutely bang on.

A colleague of mine was shopping for decorations yesterday - I had to explain my views, I just couldn't resist!!!!

I fully agree that December is for Christmas - before that leave it well alone. . . . . . . .

I think some form of torure for the law breakers is justified too. . .

That said I am a traditional kind of bloke, I do shop on Christmas Eve (not at the local garage I do add!) Although since the advent of internet shopping - which was made for people like me - I do sometime shop a little earlier!!! :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
2005 xt magic wand
4,072 Posts
I'm with everyone else Xmas is for December, saying that I've worked the last 5 and this one looks like Il make it 6. Its the only time I can get shutdowns

·
Registered
1997 forester stb manual
1,434 Posts
My record for spotting an 'early' christmas tree with full lights and tinsel was in the Ashford Holiday inn in Kent a few years back ...SEPTEMBER 15th !! . I said to the girl behind the desk ...is that xmas tree some kind of joke? to which she looked at me blankly and said ....what do you mean? says it all really , good grief , for forks sake

1 - 16 of 16 Posts