Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 Forester X
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I busted my front lip doing donuts last week in the snow and I lost the smaller part that broke off and I just found it today since the snow finally started melting. Maybe someday hopefully I can get this fixed if it's even possible? Anyway here are the pics of the lip :icon_frown:

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,014 Posts
It can be fixed... but it'll be an arduous process.
You can either fibreglass it back together and lose all flexibility, or you can have it melted back together... which rarely comes out looking the same.

A body shop shouldn't have a problem repairing it... but it could end up costing you quite a bit. If you know a shop that's good with Corvettes then you're golden.

·
Registered
Ah crap.. I'm back with my 05 XS
8,296 Posts
Yikes! Rare lip getting broken is always a sad, sad incident. It's why my JDM stuff is still sitting in my garage lol

·
Premium Member
2007 Forester X
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah the car def looks real weird right now I've had it on there for a long time, but now just gotta wait til the summer comes around prob to get it fixed if i do thats when the bars get busy and I make my LOOT!

·
Registered
2006 XT
671 Posts
Sorry for your state. But isn't that what we get for leaning to far one way or another. I mean I've spent four years questioning mods that would scream "roadrace" and not "offroad". It's a fine line. Sure when I bolt on the 18" R-compounds I give up some with a high CG. And when I bolt on the 15" BFG K/O's my springs are to stiff. A Foz built up one way makes it less of a Foz for the other...

But to toss on a lip and then flog your ride in the snow:shake: ymmv

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
Sorry for your state. But isn't that what we get for leaning to far one way or another. I mean I've spent four years questioning mods that would scream "roadrace" and not "offroad". It's a fine line. Sure when I bolt on the 18" R-compounds I give up some with a high CG. And when I bolt on the 15" BFG K/O's my springs are to stiff. A Foz built up one way makes it less of a Foz for the other...

But to toss on a lip and then flog your ride in the snow:shake: ymmv
IF you have snow, how could you -not- flog a subaru around in it!? Snow is just too much fun.

On another note, you should see if someone in the US could make a mold of that lip and make some replicas. That would be great for all the people who wanted the features of the limited and a sporty look without losing the fogs and without spending too much on the sport bumper conversion. I always liked that lip on the 06+.

·
Premium Member
2007 Forester X
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Funkey Monkey thats a good idea wasn't there a company that was building that type of lip for the 03-05 models what happened to them? Also I know that andivic sold another one of these lips to someone on this forum so there is someone else that has one. Who do I need to get in touch with, what type of company, to get this piece replicated?

·
Registered
2010 Forester
173 Posts
Doh! When I read the topic for this post I was expecting to see a pic of a person with a busted lip. I thought maybe somebody got a little too crazy in the snow and bounced it off the steering wheel.

·
Registered
Ah crap.. I'm back with my 05 XS
8,296 Posts
Funkey Monkey thats a good idea wasn't there a company that was building that type of lip for the 03-05 models what happened to them? Also I know that andivic sold another one of these lips to someone on this forum so there is someone else that has one. Who do I need to get in touch with, what type of company, to get this piece replicated?
that company would be importology. you could probably have them make a limited production run if people put down deposits.

actually.. im not sure if they run that kind of business model, since it took them quite a while to just get the 03-05 type up properly (as in no legal issues) but you could always ask.

·
Premium Member
2007 Forester X
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
that company would be importology. you could probably have them make a limited production run if people put down deposits.

actually.. im not sure if they run that kind of business model, since it took them quite a while to just get the 03-05 type up properly (as in no legal issues) but you could always ask.
I sent importology a private message explaining the situation so lets see if they get back to me.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts