Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had a mishap with a very tall sidewalk and had to change a bent cradle arm. Now, there's a noise coming from the front left wheel almost like a knocking sound as well as intermitent clicking. A mechanic friend of mine said that it's probably the bushings and that his father and another buddy of ours are experiencing the same problem in their models all 2001 and below. He suspects that the bushings are particularly suceptible to damage. I'm just wondering if anyone else have come across these problems.

·
BLUE WASABI, (#2 Info Provider)
2008 SG Model D
9,051 Posts
hbear said:
I recently had a mishap with a very tall sidewalk and had to change a bent cradle arm. Now, there's a noise coming from the front left wheel almost like a knocking sound as well as intermitent clicking. A mechanic friend of mine said that it's probably the bushings and that his father and another buddy of ours are experiencing the same problem in their models all 2001 and below. He suspects that the bushings are particularly suceptible to damage. I'm just wondering if anyone else have come across these problems.
Mishap with a very tall sidewalk = damage ripple affect.

As far as this being a normal problem w/ the bushings, no idea.

·
Asphalt Surfers Unlimited
2004 Forester XT
742 Posts
He means bearings... the wheel bearing.

Subaru wheel bearings are somewhat susceptible to damage from severe lateral impacts. Their fragility is one of the reasons for the migration to significantly upgraded bearings on the '05 STi and '05+ Legacy platform vehicles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts