Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some 18 year old kid was driving on a closed road in a new subdivision under construction, blew through an unmarked intersection (no stop sign), and I happened to be in the way. It was snowing pretty good, so I slid into a ditch full of ankle deep mud and got stuck. Thats where the front damage happened.

link to gallery
http://home.comcast.net/~achilles381/fxswreck/index.html

Already got the estimate done, I'll probably wait till spring to get it fixed so I can use the other instead of paying for a rental.

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
That sux...but actually your lucky as it looks like no structural parts were affected. I know it's a PITA but at least you wont have a salvage title. Defintely keep these pics if your asked about any accidents when selling it..

·
Ze flying Russian
2007 STI
2,008 Posts
Achilles381 said:
Already got the estimate done, I'll probably wait till spring to get it fixed so I can use the other instead of paying for a rental.
I'd expect that guy's insurance to pay for your rental, so you could fix the Forester now.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the final tally was a new front and rear bumper, new left rear tail light. only have to bend a little metal back into place on the left rear.

i went through my insurance company, they will work on getting the money from the other guy's insurance. it may take a while but eventually i will get my deductable back.

·
The convert formely known as Lexusfreak
2003 XS
3,970 Posts
How much to fix (roughly) all the damage if you don't mind me asking? :?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the initial estimate is $2400 or so. I don't expect any additional suprises, so that figure should end up covering everything.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts