·
Registered
2009 Forester Limited
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Power Steering Pump Relief Valve

Service Bulletin #04-13-09
Pages: 4

Bulletin Description: If you encounter a vehicle that has a groaning type noise coming from the power steering pump when the wheel is turned to the full right or left position when the vehicle is parked, it may be caused by the relief valve vibrating within the pump. In lieu of replacing the power steering pump, the relief valve is now available as a replacement part.

·
Registered
none none
9,011 Posts
Anyone have the full info on this? Would be nice if its available for the older models, was going to replace my PS pump, but pretty sure its just that valve.

·
Registered
NA No more! :(
8,529 Posts
gotcha. thanks. i do have that groaning though on my 05. i might just try the same fix on mine.

·
Registered
2009 Forester Limited
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i am taking MY09 to Subaru tomorrow, i hope they can solve the groan. as well as many other cold weather problems....

·
Registered
2009 Forester Limited
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well i wish i could blame the cold weather for me not wanting to work, like Winnipeg Subaru service blames the cold on everything on my car not wanting to work. ie. power steering scream, grinding on acceleration(they say CV grease frozen), and back door not closing properly. they won't even put any effort into troubleshooting(just blame the cold), like try a different power steering fluid maybe something with a lower freezing point maybe the same fluid is frozen in the transmission(2 bird 1 stone). or just flush the old fluid out, maybe there is moisture present. If there is not a know fix for Subaru Japan nothing will be done.

The next cold snap i will call work and tell them it is to cold for me to go work and my forester. i am sure my neighbor will be happy that he wont be woken by the Forester power steering alarm scream clock at 5am.

Maybe I was wrong about the bulletin, I guess Subaru will never put out a cold weather bulletin. Unless it drops to -40c in Japan. The least they can do is hand out ear plugs to new Subaru owners and there neighbors for those cold mornings. And I was looking forward to playing with the Forester in the winter, so far it doesn't want to play.....end rant

·
Registered
NA No more! :(
8,529 Posts
MM I remember that thread. I told myself I was going to pick up a good amount of the screw clamps and replace every oem clamp in the engine bay. Seriously, once the oem clamps have been loosened to remove lines, they no longer clamp securely.

·
Smooshed FOTY 2011
2005 Lifted 2.5 XT 5-Speed MT Dual-Range
5,813 Posts
My "groan" I get sounds more like the tires rubbing inside the wheel well (but I'm not moving). This is only in full lock either left or right.

·
Registered
2008 Legacy Spec. B 6-MT
1 Posts
@drboogaloo:

Hello, you did a mistake posting the images above.

You posted page #4 two times. Page #3 of the bulletin is missing.

Could you post page #3 of the bulletin please?

Thank you
kawakawa

1 - 13 of 13 Posts