Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Forester 2.5x auto
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my bull bar for a while and have gotten to the point where I want it black. I've got some rhino liner laying around. Would this be a good choice? Trying to black all of the chrome out.

Attachments

·
Registered
2010 2.5X Limited 4-speed Auto
1,979 Posts
Since no one else replied ...

Yes, you can probably use the Rhino Shield, but I question how the bar would look with that rough texture. PlastiDip is probably a more attractive choice.

·
Premium Member
2012 2.5X 4EAT
908 Posts
I would go with PlastiDip as well. At least to start. If you like it and it ends up not holding up, you can always take it off and switch to something more tough and permanent.

On you headlights, did you clear the corners yourself? Did you open up the headlights to get to it? Or is it just the filter you put on the picture to make it look like that?

·
Registered
2012 Forester 2.5x auto
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They were frosted over in this pic. I do still have the headlights all stock. Planning on using the baking method and blacking them out. I'll try plasti dip and I believe that I might also do my rims while I'm at it. Thanks for the advice

·
Registered
2012 Forester 2.5x auto
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Should I look into that for my front grille also or just have it plasti dipped?

·
Premium Member
2012 2.5X 4EAT
908 Posts
Powder coating would look much better in my opinion and would last longer than PlastiDip, but it's permanent, harder to touch up (if something does chip) and will be more expensive.

I like PlastiDip as a starting point. It's super cheap, gives you a good idea of what things will look like and it's removable. You can always go back to the way it was, or remove it and paint or powder coat.

Powder coating is tricky on plastics and I believe some shops won't do it, so it might be a little more difficult to powder coat your grille.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts